NEW YORK, July 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on ImmunoGen, Inc. (NASDAQ: IMGN). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=IMGN
Highlights from our IMGN Report include:
- Ongoing Phase 1 Trial Findings - On May 30, 2015, ImmunoGen, Inc. reported the first clinical findings from the ongoing Phase 1 trial of Company's unique, FRα-targeting antibody-drug conjugate (ADC), mirvetuximab soravtansine. The results showed that mirvetuximab soravtansine (IMGN853) demonstrated notable single agent activity for patients with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer.
- Study Details - The release stated that once the recommended Phase 2 dose (RP2D) of mirvetuximab soravtansine was established during dose finding, an expansion cohort was opened to assess the safety and activity of this ADC specifically in the treatment of patients with FRα-positive platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. It was observed that nearly 80% of the patients screened met the criteria for having FRα-positive disease. Twenty-two patients were included in the study, out of which two were from the dose-escalation phase of the trial and the twenty enrolled in the expansion cohort at the time of data cutoff (April 30, 2015).
- Study Results - Out of 22 patients, 17 patients were included in the efficacy analysis as the other five were still on study and had not yet reached their first assessment. The results showed that out of these 17 patients, nine had an objective response (8 partial responses, 1 complete response) to treatment, for an objective response rate (ORR) of 53%. The responses in six of these nine patients were ongoing at the time of data cutoff, with five of these six patients on treatment for more than 15 weeks.
- Phase 2 Trial Plans - Providing a glimpse of future course of action, Dr. Charles Morris, EVP and Chief Development Officer of ImmunoGen, stated that on the basis of these findings, the Company would be executing a development plan designed to advance mirvetuximab soravtansine as quickly as possible while also recognizing the potential to benefit the greatest number of patients. He further said that the Company is preparing to initiate a Phase 2 trial in late 2015 that will assess this ADC as a single-agent treatment for patients with FRα-positive platinum-resistant ovarian cancer.
- Trials for Other Clinical Studies - Commenting on the potential of mirvetuximab soravtansine for other types of cancers, Dr. Morris said, "At the same time, we're preparing to initiate testing of mirvetuximab soravtansine in combination regimens as a potential therapy for patients with less heavily pretreated ovarian cancer. We're also continuing to explore this promising ADC as a treatment for other types of FRα-positive solid tumors, including target-positive endometrial cancer."
To find out how this influences our rating on ImmunoGen, Inc., read the full report in its entirely here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=IMGN
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.