SAN FRANCISCO, May 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global endocrine testing market is expected to reach USD 13.0 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing geriatric population and persisting cases of illnesses, such as diabetes and obesity, are estimated to drive the market.
The target population for this industry is geriatric patients as they are highly prone to various chronic disorders. They have decreased immunity, are prone to age-related deformities, and are at a higher risk of developing complications. As per the WHO statistics on geriatric population, there would be a two-fold rise in the geriatric population; for example, in the U.S. by 2050, geriatric patient count of age 65 and above would be 83.7 million as compared to 43.1 million in 2012.
Access full research report at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/endocrine-testing-market
- The thyroid stimulating hormone test segment held a lucrative share of over 25.0% in 2015 among test type segments. The increasing cases of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism are anticipated to contribute to the growth.
- In the technology segment, the immunoassay technology segment shared the highest market share owing to the increased analysis of hormonal levels using Radioimmunoassay(RIA) and enzyme-linked assays
- The commercial laboratories in the end-use segment exhibited remunerative growth in 2015 and this can be attributed to the presence of sophisticated work environment, which yields faster and accurate diagnosis. Moreover, the dominance of private healthcare sector in developing nations contributed to the growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the endocrine testing market on the basis of test types, technology, end-use, and region.
- Market By Test Types (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Estradiol(E2) test
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) test
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) Hormone test
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH) Test
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) test
- Progesterone test
- Testosterone test
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) test
- Prolactin test
- Cortisol test
- Insulin test
- Market By Technology (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry
- Immunoassay Technology
- Monoclonal and Polyclonal Antibody Technology
- Sensors Technology
- Clinical Chemistry Technology
- Market By End-use(Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Commercial Laboratories
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Home-based tests
- Other settings
- Market By Region (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.