NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Overview
The aim of this report is to assess developments in the energy drinks sector, identifying and summarising trends and new innovations in order to understand what opportunities exist for new product development.
- An essential guide for anyone present or considering entering the energy drinks market with a view of offering innovation and added value to consumers.
- Includes an overview of global and regional trends highlighting common themes in new product development.
- Features a wide range of products, innovations and trends shaping the future of the international energy drinks industry.
- Includes over 90 innovative energy drinks brands launched between 2012 and 2014 worldwide to benchmark against leading and innovative energy drinks products.
- Explores challenges and opportunities in the energy drinks category.
Background and report description
Energy drinks remain one of the most dynamic segments in soft drinks. Hundreds of products have been introduced globally since 2012, increasing consumption by offering consumers a wider selection of flavours, sizes, pack types and added functional claims, such as cognitive and metabolic enhancement. Recent developments and product launches suggest that companies are expanding their reach, targeting consumers of varying ages, lifestyles and preferences, whilst positioning products to address consumption occasions throughout the day, moving away from the stereotype of energy drinks as a 'lifestyle beverage for partying'.
Zenith's report on Energy Drinks Innovation examines the key trends and themes driving innovation and new product launches during 2012-2014. The report provides an ultimate guide of the most innovative and leading products in a user-friendly presentation format to help you quickly gain an understanding of new product development worldwide.
What this report covers
Category overview: overview of key global market trends and regional consumption trends in Africa, Asia Pacific, Australasia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and North America.
Key trends in new product development: overview of 8 main themes driving product development and innovation worldwide including a list of 15 common ingredients used for formulation of energy drinks.
Brand profiles: Over 90 profiles of innovative energy drinks brands including product image, detailed product information, date of launch, packaging size & type, pricing, key ingredients, description of variants and marketing profile.
Brand profiles featured by 8 key innovation themes: flavours, low calorie / low sugar, ingredients, natural and organic, added functionality, limited edition, packaging, cross-category.
For the purpose of this report, Zenith has limited its research scope using the following definition:
- Traditional glucose based ready-to-drink energy drinks and functional or stimulation energy drinks which claim a particular energy boost from caffeine, guarana, taurine and ginseng or other herbs or some combination of these ingredients.
This innovation overview does not include sports drinks that are marketed specifically to replace minerals/energy lost during exercise. Dilutables, such as powders and liquid water enhancers, that claim a particular energy boost are not included in this report.
Innovation and new product development shaping the global market for energy drinks launched from January 2012 through August 2014.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02355847-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001