FORT BRAGG, Calif., June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- You've come to experience Fort Bragg's Great Outdoors. But after hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, riding the Skunk Train, exploring the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, stepping back in time at Point Cabrillo Lighthouse or walking through redwood forests, you'll be ready for some quiet time ... time to slow down and enjoy what we call "simple pleasures – Fort Bragg style." Check some of them out on YouTube, then come visit! You can:
- Hunt sand dollars on Ten Mile Beach.
- Watch the sunrise and sunset from Pudding Creek Trestle.
- Slip off to a secluded cove on Ten Mile Beach for a little romance.
- Tuck into a cozy cafe for a latte and freshly baked scone.
- Be amazed by the rock formations and islands of our Coastal National Monument.
- Take your teen to the Fort Bragg Skateboard Park.
- Browse an inviting bookstore or the Fort Bragg Library.
- Give the family pup some social time at the town dog park.
- Pick up some yarn for the knitting project you've brought along.
- Gaze out to sea from a bench at Pomo Bluffs Park.
- Facebook friends about your Fort Bragg adventure.
- Walk across the Noyo Bridge.
- Buy some local picture postcards and sit in our beautiful park by the Town Hall while you write "wish you were here" sentiments.
These, too, are Simple Pleasures sure to make you smile at the end of the day:
- Watch Seals at play in Noyo Harbor
- Buy a paper kite and fly it at Todd Point
- Pick up a "Buildings to Bragg About" brochure and explore our historic alleys, cottages and backstreets.
- Peruse the displays at the Guest House Museum or Madam's Chinchilla's Tattoo Parlor and Museum.
- Walk the town's Oddities Tour.
- Read the old gravestones in Rose Park Cemetery.
- Have a drink at one of our historic bars
- Shop for unusual plants at our unique gardens.
- Simply Succulents (Video)
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
SOURCE City of Fort Bragg Promotion Committee