ATLANTA, March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- EnsoAtl.com, a to-be LEED certified multi-family complex near Grant Park, is showcasing its water efficiency features today to generate local awareness for World Water Day. Sponsored by the United Nations and observed since 1993, this year's World Water Day focuses on urban water challenges – an ever-present concern in Atlanta.
"As a multi-family developer in Atlanta, we're sensitive to the city's water issues and made efficiency a focal point in our community," said Colin Cavill, co-founder of Capital 33, which developed Enso. "World Water Day gives us an opportunity to show that we practice what we preach by using creative sustainable water practices throughout Enso."
Scheduled to open this spring, Enso's water efficiency methods include:
- Cistern for rain water harvesting that holds over 76,000 gallons, the equivalent of five standard-sized swimming pools
- Over one acre of landscaping indigenous to the area, which reduces water consumption by nearly 51 percent
- Water-efficient plumbing, which saves each resident 40,000 gallons annually and reduces overall consumption by about 22 percent (total savings equate to over 1 million gallons annually)
- Salt water pool, which eliminates the use of environmentally-harsh chemicals
In addition to water conservation, Capital 33 has helped lead the way in developing innovative building solutions to make Enso's sophisticated green lifestyle seamless for tenants. During construction, 85 percent of materials used were from recycled sources and 92 percent of them came from within 500 miles of the site.
Other eco-friendly features include:
- Reflective white roofing system to reduce heat island effect
- 25-foot free space zone around windows and doors to promote natural ventilation, which lowers energy use
- Zero use of volatile organic compound (VOC) paints and carpeting
- No ozone-depleting appliance refrigerants
- High-efficiency air conditioning, which reduces consumption by 14 percent
The company's sustainable building methods qualify Enso for LEED Silver certification, the next level attained after initial certification. Enso expects to receive this designation in the spring, making it the first multi-family property in Atlanta to be certified as LEED Silver.
"Capital 33 is always looking for new ways to reduce the impact of our projects on the environment," said Cavill. "We encourage fellow Atlanta citizens to resist complacency, especially on World Water Day, and approach conservation with curiosity and creativity."
EnsoAtl.com is an eco-friendly apartment community located at 880 Glenwood Avenue in Atlanta. It has 325 units, ranging from 775 to 1,400 square feet. Along with striking interior features, the community offers tenants cyber and gaming lounges, multimedia bar with movie theater, fitness and business center, bark park and green-friendly cleaning services.
About Capital 33
Capital 33 is an Atlanta-based commercial real estate investment and development firm that specializes in green building for the multi family industry.
Contact: Karen Miller, [email protected], 404-285-5422