LOS ANGELES, May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Entertainment Studios, Inc., (www.es.tv) the largest independent producer and distributor of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations, and owner of eight 24-hour HD cable television networks, proudly announces the launch of eight new paid channels on YouTube. These paid channels from Entertainment Studios are available to consumers in ten countries, including the United States, effective immediately.
The eight paid channels are now available on YouTube for subscription video on demand (VOD). Entertainment Studios, which owns one of the world's largest privately-held libraries with over 4,000 hours of HD content, will program the eight new paid channels. Each channel is now available for a subscription fee of $1.99 per month. Viewers will also have the option of subscribing to the portfolio of Entertainment Studios channels via SmartTV.com for a fee of $9.99 per month.
"We are thrilled to provide high quality, entertaining HD video content for viewers through YouTube's new paid channel platform," said Byron Allen, Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Entertainment Studios. "Our channels allow viewers instant access to content they are passionate about, such as: comedy, cars, court, pets, travel, cuisine, and celebrity entertainment – all commercial free. We were the first to achieve Television Everywhere, and this furthers our commitment to increase our global footprint of content on every device everywhere in the world."
The eight Entertainment Studios paid channels include seven 'standalone' networks, and a portfolio of the seven networks on SmartTV.com:
- Cars.TV - This Emmy Award-winning and adrenaline-pumping network showcases the collectors, designers, innovators, and the ultimate car enthusiasts! (www.Cars.tv)
- Comedy.TV - A television network dedicated to today's funniest comedians, featuring a mix of live concert performances, talk and variety shows, sitcoms and movies. (www.Comedy.tv)
- ES.TV - A television network dedicated to entertainment news, variety shows, celebrity profiles and today's hottest superstars. (www.es.tv)
- MyDestination.TV - A television network dedicated to the best in travel featuring fun, exciting, exotic must-see destinations around the world. (www.MyDestination.tv)
- Pets.TV - A television network dedicated to pet lovers everywhere. PETS.TV celebrates the pets we love and the people who love them. Pet News, Pet Care, Pet Health and Pet Lifestyles! (www.Pets.tv)
- Recipe.TV - A television network dedicated to famous chefs, amazing recipes, and delicious cuisine from around the world. (www.Recipe.tv) Justice Central.TV - A television network dedicated to Emmy Award-winning court shows, legal news, and the world's biggest trials. (www.JusticeCentral.tv)
- SmartTV.com - offers 'best of' programming from the 7 above-mentioned television networks: Cars.TV, Comedy.TV, ES.TV, Justice Central.TV, MyDestination.TV, Pets.TV and Recipe.TV. (www.SmartTV.com)
About Entertainment Studios
Entertainment Studios, Inc. owns eight 24-hour HD television networks: PETS.TV, COMEDY.TV, RECIPE.TV, CARS.TV, ES.TV, MYDESTINATION.TV, LEGACY.TV and JUSTICE CENTRAL.TV. The company also produces, distributes, and sells advertising for 36 television programs, making it the largest independent producer/distributor of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations. Entertainment Studios provides video content to broadcast television stations, cable television networks, mobile devices, multimedia platforms, and the World Wide Web. Our mission is to provide excellent programming to our viewers, online users, and Fortune 500 advertising partners. Our home entertainment division, Entertainment Studios Home Entertainment (ESHE), is becoming one of the premier independent suppliers of DVD, CD and umd (TM) products. With a library of over 4,000 hours of owned content and a growing array of licensed titles, ESHE markets and distributes a collection of films, television programs, concerts, fitness, and children's direct-to-video programming. Chairman and CEO Byron Allen founded the company in 1993. Headquartered in Los Angeles, it has offices in New York, Chicago, Denver, and Raleigh. For more information, visit: www.es.tv
SOURCE Entertainment Studios, Inc.