LOS ANGELES, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Entertainment Studios, Inc., (www.es.tv) the largest independent producer and distributor of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations, and owner of eight 24-hour HD cable television networks, proudly announces it has signed a new affiliation agreement with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC). The multi-year deal includes distribution for the Entertainment Studios cable television networks by NCTC members who elect to carry the networks under the NCTC partnership.
"The NCTC plays an important role in representing independent cable operators. Our goal and commitment has always been to make our HD networks the very best in their categories, and our new affiliation arrangement with NCTC is another big step in bringing our HD networks to more viewers," said Byron Allen, Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Entertainment Studios. "All content is originally produced in-house to insure the highest level of creative quality."
"This is a milestone moment. Through our partnership with NCTC, we now have the opportunity to bring the Entertainment Studios HD Networks and our content to members," said Janice Arouh, President of Distribution and Marketing for Entertainment Studios Networks. "With completion of this comprehensive agreement, the NCTC members are licensed for carriage of six Entertainment Studios Networks national cable networks, including CARS.TV, COMEDY.TV, ES.TV, MYDESTINATION.TV, PETS.TV, and RECIPE.TV."
"NCTC is pleased to announce our new relationship with Entertainment Studios Networks and provide members access to their suite of linear HD networks," said NCTC President Rich Fickle. "Byron Allen's approach to the business is unique and welcomed at a time when there are many pressure points on rising programming expenses."
The Entertainment Studios current roster of eight 24/7 linear HD television networks includes:
- Cars.TV - This Emmy Award-winning and adrenaline-pumping network showcases the collectors, designers, innovators, and the ultimate car enthusiasts! (www.Cars.tv)
- Comedy.TV - A television network dedicated to today's funniest comedians, featuring a mix of live concert performances, talk and variety shows, sitcoms and movies. (www.Comedy.tv)
- ES.TV - A television network dedicated to entertainment news, variety shows, celebrity profiles and today's hottest superstars. (www.es.tv)
- MyDestination.TV - A television network dedicated to the best in travel featuring fun, exciting, exotic must-see destinations around the world. (www.MyDestination.tv)
- Pets.TV - A television network dedicated to pet lovers everywhere. PETS.TV celebrates the pets we love and the people who love them. Pet News, Pet Care, Pet Health and Pet Lifestyles! (www.Pets.tv)
- Recipe.TV - A television network dedicated to famous chefs, amazing recipes, and delicious cuisine from around the world. (www.Recipe.tv)
- Legacy.TV - A television network dedicated to African-American history and biographies, and features a broad range of original programming (www.Legacy.tv)
- Justice Central.TV - A television network dedicated to courtroom shows, legal news, and a broad range of law-oriented original programming (www.JusticeCentral.tv)
About Entertainment Studios
Entertainment Studios, Inc. owns eight 24-hour HD television networks: PETS.TV, COMEDY.TV, RECIPE.TV, CARS.TV, ES.TV, MYDESTINATION.TV, LEGACY.TV and JUSTICE CENTRAL.TV. The company also produces, distributes, and sells advertising for 32 television programs, making it the largest independent producer/distributor of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations. Entertainment Studios provides video content to broadcast television stations, cable television networks, mobile devices, multimedia platforms, and the World Wide Web. Our mission is to provide excellent programming to our viewers, online users, and Fortune 500 advertising partners. Our home entertainment division, Entertainment Studios Home Entertainment (ESHE), is becoming one of the premier independent suppliers of DVD, CD and umd (TM) products. With a library of over 4,000 hours of owned content and a growing array of licensed titles, ESHE markets and distributes a collection of films, television programs, concerts, fitness, and children's direct-to-video programming. Chairman and CEO Byron Allen founded the company in 1993. Headquartered in Los Angeles, it has offices in New York, Chicago, and Raleigh. For more information, visit: www.es.tv
The National Cable Television Cooperative, Inc. (NCTC) is a Kansas not-for-profit corporation that operates as a programming and hardware purchasing organization for nearly 1,000 member companies who own and operate cable systems throughout the U.S. and its territories. NCTC seeks to maximize current and future opportunities to ensure the profitability, competitive stature and long term sustainability of its member companies. NCTC is located in Lenexa, Kansas.
SOURCE Entertainment Studios, Inc.