TORONTO, July 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- The Sonus SBC 1000, SBC 2000, SBC 5000 Series, SBC 7000 and SBC SWe are certified SBCs with Microsoft Skype for Business.
- Sonus' SBCs provide Microsoft Cloud PBX in Microsoft Office 365 with more secure, on-premises PSTN connectivity.
- The Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 received Microsoft certification for enhanced gateway support and Lync 2013 Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA) with Skype for Business.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in secure and intelligent Cloud communications, announced today that its full portfolio of Session Border Controllers (SBCs) are Microsoft Skype for Business certified. Sonus provides enterprises and services providers access to powerful network devices designed to secure, simplify and create a seamless flow of real-time communications for Skype for Business deployments.
Sonus SBCs can be deployed at the border between the enterprise's on-premises Skype for Business deployment and the service provider's network. Sonus SBCs provide an effective demarcation point for media transcoding, network security, robust SIP interworking, intelligent call routing and multi-vendor interoperability, including analog endpoints. Sonus SBCs also deliver seamless integration, security and flexibility to enterprises migrating to a hybrid deployment by providing on-premises PSTN connectivity with Cloud PBX in Microsoft Office 365.
Additionally, the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000, Sonus' small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) SBCs, received Microsoft certification for enhanced gateway with Skype for Business, enabling customers to continue to utilize the optional embedded Lync 2013 SBA functions with Skype for Business. This qualification ensures real-time communications for SMEs are delivered even if the Wide Area Network fails.
"Sonus delivers the broadest portfolio of Skype for Business qualified SBCs, giving enterprises a choice of the right device to deliver secure, reliable SIP trunking for Skype for Business communications," said Cary Hayward, Sonus senior director, Product Management. "As the first vendor to certify its entire SBC portfolio, Sonus provides a variety of choices designed to ease enterprise migration to Skype for Business for on-premises or Cloud PBX in Microsoft Office 365."
- Sonus was named a 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONY Skype for Business Pioneer Award winner. This award is given to companies that enable businesses to utilize the Skype for Business platform for enhanced Unified Communication (UC) and collaboration experiences.
- Sonus has strong relationships with Microsoft Skype for Business ecosystem leaders, including Plantronics, Polycom, Nectar and Numonix.
- Click here for information on the entire Sonus SBC portfolio.
- Click here for a copy of Sonus' Skype for Business for Dummies.
- Click here for a copy of Sonus' Session Border Controllers for Dummies.
Sonus Networks, SONS, Session Border Controller, SBC, SBC 1000, SBC 2000, SBC 5000 Series, SBC 7000, SBC Software edition, SBC SWe, Microsoft Skype for Business
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Cloud Exchange Networking Platform, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.