NEW YORK, Nov. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- EpiCast Report: Dry Eye Syndrome - Epidemiology Forecast to 2024
Dry eye syndrome (DES), also known as keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), is a multi-factorial disease of the eye caused by dryness, decreased tear production, or increased tear film evaporation. It results in symptoms of discomfort such as visual disturbance and tear film instability. Middle-aged and older adults are the most commonly affected group because of the high prevalence of contact lens usage, systemic drug effects, autoimmune diseases, and refractive surgeries in these groups.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the total prevalent cases of DES in the 9MM, from 414,273,756 total prevalent cases in 2014 to 460,865,914 total prevalent cases in 2024, with an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.12% during the forecast period.
This report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, as well as the global and historical epidemiological trends for DES in the nine major markets. The report also includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast for the total prevalent cases of dry eye syndrome, segmented by age (in 10-year increments beginning at ages 20 years and ending at ages =80 years), sex, and severity in these markets. The epidemiology forecast for DES is supported by historical data obtained from peer-reviewed articles, government reports, and population-based studies. The researchers of the study used questionnaires to assess DES symptoms, along with various diagnostic tests such as aqueous tear flow, ocular surface damage, and measurements of tear film instability for the 9MM in this analysis. The forecast methodology was kept consistent across all the markets to allow for a meaningful comparison of the forecast total prevalent cases of DES across these markets.
- The Dry Eye Syndrome (DES) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends for DES in the nine major markets (9MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, China, and India). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the total prevalent cases of DES segmented by sex, age, and severity in these markets.
- The DES epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 9MM.
Reasons to buy
The DES EpiCast series will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global DES market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global DES market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for DES therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the percentage of total prevalent cases that present as mild/moderate or severe.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03411262-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001