NEW YORK, Oct. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a retrovirus that infects the cells of the immune system, destroying or impairing their function. As the infection progresses, the immune system becomes increasingly weaker, and the infected person becomes more susceptible to other infections. It can take as long as two to 10 years for a person infected with HIV to develop acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), which is the most advanced stage of HIV; however, treatment with antiretroviral drugs can slow the process even further.
In 2013, there were 3,394,507 total prevalent cases of HIV in the 8MM, with 1,218,323 cases in the US and 641,500 in the 5EU markets combined. Japan had 18,428 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV in 2013. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the total prevalent cases of HIV in the 8MM will increase to 4,126,502 in the 8MM by 2023. Additionally, GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV in Japan will increase to 27,264 cases by 2023.
GlobalData epidemiologists reviewed national and international HIV and AIDS databases and used reliable data to build this forecast. The total prevalent cases of HIV were segmented by age and sex using country-specific data, whenever available; when data were not available, appropriate proxies were used. For Japan, GlobalData epidemiologists provide an alternative forecast for the 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV, which better aligns with the ART market sales data after consolidation. GlobalData epidemiologists also provide an alternative forecast for Japan, based on the reported HIV prevalent cases.
- The HIV EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends for HIV in the nine major markets (9MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, and China). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the total prevalent cases of HIV segmented by sex and age (beginning at 0 years and ending at =85 years) in the 8MM, excluding Japan, for which 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases, is forecast. In addition, the report provides the prevalent cases of HIV-positive pregnant women in the total prevalent HIV cases, as well as the total prevalent cases treated by antiretroviral drugs.
- The HIV epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 9MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HIV market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global HIV market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for HIV therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03321282-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker reviews, finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001