NEW YORK, April 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- EpiCast Report: Sepsis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023
Sepsis is a life-threatening complication arising from an infection; it occurs when the body's response to the infection damages its own tissues and organs. Anyone can develop sepsis; however, the condition is more common among children
<1 year of age, older adults, and those with weakened immune systems (Mayo Clinic, 2014). Global estimates for the year 2013 showed that there are around 20 to 30 million patients affected by sepsis every year, of which around 8 million patients die (Reinhart et al., 2013).>In the 6MM, the diagnosed incident cases of sepsis will grow from 1,060,052 cases in 2013 to 1,129,816 cases in 2023, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.66% over the forecast period. Throughout the forecast period, the US will have the highest number of diagnosed incident cases of sepsis in the 6MM. the sepsis mortality cases will increase from 439,015 cases in 2013 to 531,282 cases in 2023, at an AGR of 2.10% from 2013 to 2023 in the 6MM. GlobalData epidemiologists attribute the growth in the diagnosed incident cases of sepsis and sepsis mortality cases in the 6MM to changing population demographics in the respective markets.
GlobalData's epidemiological analysis is supported by the use of country-specific diagnosed incidence and mortality data from epidemiological studies published in peer-reviewed journals. GlobalData epidemiologists used uniform methodology across the 6MM to forecast the diagnosed incident cases of sepsis and sepsis mortality cases to allow for a meaningful comparison of the disease populations across markets.
- The Sepsis EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of sepsis in the 6MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK). It includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of sepsis segmented by sex, age, severity stage, and causative organism; a 10-year epidemiology forecast for the sepsis mortality cases segmented by sex, age, severity stage, and causative organism. Additionally, the report provides a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of sepsis that have comorbid conditions disseminated intravascular coagulopathy (DIC), acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), acute lung injury (ALI), and acute kidney injury (AKI) in the 6MM.
- The sepsis epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 6MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global sepsis market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global sepsis market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for sepsis therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the percentage of sepsis incident and mortality cases by severity stage and causative organism.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02838399-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001