NEW YORK, Aug. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- EpiCast Report: Venous Thromboembolism - Epidemiology Forecast to 2025
Venous thromboembolism (VTE), comprised of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE), is a blood clot (thrombosis) of the circulatory system that leads to impeded flow of blood, which can have serious consequences in the affected individual. VTE can occur at any age, though it is more common in adults ages 60 years and older and is very rare in children. VTE events are highly dangerous and are associated with high rates of mortality and morbidity.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed incident cases of VTE in the 8MM, from 1,116,358 cases in 2015 to 1,354,846 in 2025, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 2.14%. The 8MM had 314,886 diagnosed incident cases of Pulmonary Embolism (PE) in 2015 and GlobalData epidemiologists expect the diagnosed incident cases of PE to increase to 377,612 by 2025, at an AGR of 1.99%. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed incident cases of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) in the 8MM to increase from 801,472 cases in 2015 to 977,234 cases by 2025, at an AGR of 2.19%. GlobalData epidemiologists also forecast the number of medically ill patients at risk for VTE to increase in the 8MM from 44,611,144 in 2015 to 54,143,874 in 2025. In addition, GlobalData epidemiologists forecast the number of total knee replacement and revision procedures to grow from 1,532,360 in 2015 to 1,867,289 in 2025. Furthermore, the number of hip replacements is forecast to grow 1,220,965 in 2015 to 1,512,215 in 2025. GlobalData epidemiologists have identified the predominant drivers of this market to be changes in country-specific incidence and procedure rates, as well as in the underlying demographic trends.
- The Venous thromboembolism (VTE) EpiCast Report is an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical trends for VTE in the eight major markets (8MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and China). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of PE, DVT, and VTE; the number of VTE attacks; the number of medically ill discharges that are at risk for VTE; the number of primary total knee replacements and revisions; and the number of hip replacements, each segmented by sex and age. Additionally, it includes a forecast for the number of recurrent VTE cases at one and 10 years after incident event, and the number of diagnosed VTE cases with cancer as comorbidity.
- The VTE epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to Buy
The VTE EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global VTE market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global VTE market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for VTE therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04071345-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epicast-report-venous-thromboembolism---epidemiology-forecast-to-2025-300317725.html