NEW YORK, Jan. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Muscular Dystrophies in 12 Major Markets
The muscular dystrophies (MD) are a group of more than 30 genetic diseases characterized by progressive muscle weakness and degeneration leading to reduced mobility. The specific types of MD are classified based on severity, pattern of inheritance, age at onset, affected muscle groups or other organs, specific genetic mutation and gender affected. Different forms of MD can manifest at different stages of life, from infancy to late adulthood. The different types of MD can affect different organs and systems such as the brain, heart, blood vessels, muscles of respiration and gastrointestinal tract.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Muscular Dystrophies across 12 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, India, China and Russia) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Muscular Dystrophies have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Co morbidities associated with MD include:
- Motility impairment
- Respiratory failure
- Cognitive impairment
- Visual loss
- Hearing impairment
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Muscular Dystrophies market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Muscular Dystrophies and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Muscular Dystrophies prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Muscular Dystrophies which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Muscular Dystrophies patients.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04641151-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epiomic-epidemiology-series-muscular-dystrophies-forecast-in-12-major-markets-2017-2027-300395918.html