NEW YORK, Oct. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer in 8 Major Markets
Non-melanoma skin cancer (NMSC) is cancer of the skin not arising from melanocytes. It is one of the most frequently occurring cancers, although it tends not to be reported via registries as prognosis for patients is good in most cases.
There are two main types of NMSC malignancies; Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC) and Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC). BCC is the more predominant type and are a heterogeneous group of tumours ranging from superficial to deeply invasive tumours than can be life threatening.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Non-melanoma skin cancer across 8 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil and Japan) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Non-melanoma skin cancer have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
People with certain skin conditions may also have an increased risk of developing skin cancer. These conditions include:
- Solar Keratosis (aka actinic keratosis)
- Xeroderma Pigmentosum
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in the global Non-melanoma skin cancer market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Non-melanoma skin cancer and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on the Non-melanoma skin cancer prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Non-melanoma skin cancer which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Non-melanoma skin cancer patients.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04190618-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epiomic-epidemiology-series-non-melanoma-skin-cancer-forecast-in-8-major-markets-2016-2026-300338296.html