NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Rheumatoid Arthritis in 17 Major Markets
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is classified as an autoimmune disease and occurs when the immune system attacks the synovium (membranes surrounding joints). The inflammation resulting from the attack causes thickening of the synovium, which eventually destroys the cartilage and bone within the joint. The tendons and ligaments holding the joint together weaken and stretch, resulting in gradual loss of joint shape and alignment.
Prevalence of RA has been rumoured to be in decline over the past 20-30 years, although there is nothing concrete in the literature to substantiate if this is actually the case.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Rheumatoid Arthritis across 17 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, NL, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan and India) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Rheumatoid Arthritis have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
The following are considered features or comorbid conditions associated with RA:
- Metabolic syndrome
- Extra-articular manifestations
- Erosive disease
- Cachexia (muscle wasting)
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in the global Rheumatoid Arthritis market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Rheumatoid Arthritis and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Rheumatoid Arthritis's prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Rheumatoid Arthritis which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Rheumatoid Arthritis patients.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04208329-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001