LONG BEACH, Calif., Feb. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- For 12 consecutive years, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has called upon Epson printers to swiftly print thousands of flawless, borderless, color credentials for the 83rd Annual Academy Awards® Ceremony airing on Sunday, Feb. 27.
"This year we're excited about having Epson's newest single function printer – the Epson WorkForce® 60 – to produce every official credential," said Deborah Cahn, manager of Credential Operations for the Academy. "Epson WorkForce printers perform under rigorous conditions and can print non-stop for hours on end. I've trusted Epson printers for years, and the new WorkForce 60 certainly measures up to the Academy's high standards."
The WorkForce 60 delivers fast automatic single- and two-sided print speeds – 15 ISO ppm black and 7.1 ISO ppm color single-sided; 7.4 ISO ppm black and 4.7 ISO ppm color two-sided(1) – to complete all printing needs at full speed. Designed for small business owners that require high-volume, professional looking prints, the sleek WorkForce 60 offers built-in Wi-Fi® n(2) and Ethernet capabilities, includes a 250-sheet input capacity, and uses Epson's exclusive DURABrite® Ultra inks for fade(3), smudge- and water(4)-resistant prints.
Additional Features of the WorkForce 60:
- Direct printing from mobile devices(5)
- Individual ink cartridges for replacing only the color that is needed
- Instant-drying inks to immediately touch laser quality documents and photos
- ENERGY STAR® qualified and RoHS compliant to help preserve the environment
- Designed to be recycled(6)
- Epson MicroPiezo® print head technology with smart nozzles delivers ink droplets in as many as three sizes, some as small as three picoliters, delivering sharp, laser-like quality text while optimizing print speeds
"We are excited that Epson WorkForce printers are once again an integral part of the Academy Awards this year, printing the credentials with superior quality and blazing speeds," said Jennifer Liao, product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. "The expansive WorkForce line of printers and all-in-ones are designed to provide fast, reliable, and cost-effective prints with high-quality output."
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 companies around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson and MicroPiezo are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. WorkForce and DURABrite are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) ISO ppm is based on the new international standard for measuring print speed. Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
(2) Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit http://www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
(3) Display permanence based on accelerated testing of prints displayed under glass in indoor display conditions; album permanence based on accelerated testing of prints in dark storage conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, temperature, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or UV filter or properly store them.
(4) Water resistance on Epson Glossy Papers, Epson Matte Papers and plain papers, when using genuine Epson inks.
(5) For more information about mobile printing, visit www.epson.com/mobileprinting
(6) See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle.
*Businesses with up to 10 employees
SOURCE Epson America Inc.