REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced a strategic partnership with Datang Telecom Group in China. As a part of the partnership, Datang Telecom, which currently holds a cross regional Internet Data Center (IDC) license in Beijing and Shanghai, will become the service delivery partner for Equinix in China enabling Equinix to expand further into the growing domestic enterprise market. On behalf of Equinix, Datang will offer Equinix customers in China a broad range of interconnection services, including Equinix Cloud Exchange, that leverage Equinix's years of operational expertise and experience in delivering data center services around the world.
This partnership comes as Equinix continues to extend the reach of its global platform to 145 data centers. The company continues to play a central role in advancing the digital economy's interconnected era, in which businesses are demanding increasing levels of interconnection to accelerate business performance.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Equinix will continue to operate three International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in Shanghai via the partnership with Datang.
- Founded in 1999, Datang, is a state-owned market leader in telecom equipment manufacturing with more than $3 billion in annual revenue.
- As the service delivery partner for Equinix in China, Datang will offer additional value added services to Equinix customers in China – making for an easier and richer experience for Equinix's global customer base to do business with Equinix in China.
- Samuel Lee, president, Equinix Asia-Pacific: "As the digital economy continues to transform businesses in China and around the world, companies are becoming increasingly interconnected, and Equinix is the place where they come to physically connect to each other. The China market is an important element of our global platform, and our partnership with Datang Telecom Group enables greater expansion into key vertical markets and locations within China. By combining the strength of both companies, we will offer customers a full suite of value-added services with the same levels of service quality Equinix is known for throughout the world."
- Learn more about Equinix China IBX data centers [website]
- Virtual tour of the Equinix Shanghai 5 (SH5) IBX data center [video]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services globally, in particular in China; the success of Equinix's partnership with Datang Telecom; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to Equinix's partnership with Datang Telecom; adverse market and economic conditions generally, and in China in particular; risks related to fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.