ST. PAUL, Minn., Jan. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Ergotron, Inc., a Nortek Company (NASDAQ: NTK), and global manufacturer of ergonomic digital technology equipment for the classroom, announced the launch of its new line of charging systems. The latest in device charging technology, the Zip40 Charging & Management Cart, Zip40 Charging Cart and the Zip12 Charging Desktop Cabinet offers educators flexibility in storing, charging, and protecting any combination of Chromebooks™, Ultrabooks™, tablets or laptops.
"We know what devices are out there now, and we know there always will be new devices to come. We designed a charging system that is prepared to handle it all," said Cathi Vergin, senior product manager at Ergotron. "Educators will be pleased to see the new charging systems are rugged, universal, and flexible and will meet their requirements to invest in a long-term solution."
The Zip40 Charging Cart and the Zip40 Charging and Management Cart includes Ergotron's patented PowerShuttle® power management system, enabling devices to be charged up to 30% faster than a standard round-robin charging system so devices are ready when needed. Using just one power cord plugged into a standard wall outlet, the carts safely prevent overloading of electrical circuits by efficiently grouping the number of devices that are charged at one time and the system never wastes time charging empty slots.
Features of the Zip40 Charging Cart and the Zip40 Charging & Management Cart include:
- Ability to store and charge up to 40 tablets or laptops with 1.1ʺ-wide (28 mm) slots and partial shelf for extra storage; 30-unit capacity with 1.4ʺ-wide (35 mm) slots—great for full-size laptops or other devices with large cases. Most devices with screens up 15.6" are compatible
- Dual-wheel, 5" locking casters, allowing easy maneuverability of the cube-like, compact cart and requiring 33% less push/pull force than carts with single-wheel casters
- External auxiliary outlet to power peripherals
- Well-designed ventilation with continuous operating fans to keep devices cool
- Location for Wireless Access Point (WAP) installation
- Pending UL 60950 certification
The Zip40 Charging and Management Cart allows the user to easily update devices via Wake-On-LAN. The cart includes pre-installed CAT6 Ethernet cables and mounting brackets for a customer-provided 1U standard rack mountable Ethernet switch (not included). Management capability can be added to any Zip40 Charging Cart if requirements change in the future.
Features of the Zip12 Charging Desktop Cabinet include:
- Ability to secure, protect and charge up to 12 devices, including most tablets and laptops with up to a 14.0" screens; 8-unit capacity with 1.4ʺ-wide (35 mm) slots—great for full-size laptops or other devices with large cases
- Cabinets are stackable (up to two high) with provided hardware to secure units together
- Removable top panel makes setup and cabling easy
- Removable dividers create space to install a Wireless Access Point (WAP not included).
- Charging via AC adapter and power cords provided with devices
- Outlet strips to accommodate wall or brick style adapter
- Well-designed ventilation with continuous operating fans
- Pending UL 60950 certification
The Zip40 and Zip12 products join the broader line of Ergotron charging systems, and are designed to withstand the rigors of the classroom while remaining secure. The products have durable steel construction and include a solid three-point mechanism with key lock. Customers have the option to add a padlock for additional security or optional bracket kit to secure units to the floor or wall.
"Safety extends beyond securing and protecting devices to adopting solutions with proper power management and mechanical design," said Vergin. "We're glad to hear that UL certification is a key component on educators' wish lists. Ergotron has always focused on safety by certifying the entire charging systems on all of our device management solutions meet UL mechanical and electrical safety standards instead of just using UL certified components."
All three products ship fully assembled and will be available for sale via global distribution channels. The Zip40 Charging Cart and Zip40 Charging and Management Cart will be available in April 2015. The Zip12 Charging Desktop Cabinet will launch in May 2015. To learn more about all of Ergotron's charging systems, visit Charging.ergotron.com. To learn more about Ergotron's education portfolio, visit Education.ergotron.com, follow @ergoedtech on Twitter or call 800.888.8458.
Ergotron, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of digital display mounting, furniture, and mobility products that have been improving the human interface with digital displays for over 30 years. This history of innovation and passion for differentiation is evidenced in over 70 patents and a growing portfolio of award winning brands—OmniMount®, LearnFit™, StyleView®, TeachWell®, WorkFit™ and Neo-Flex®—for computer monitors, notebooks, tablets, flat panel displays and TVs. Ergotron's products incorporate patented Constant Force lift and pivot motion technology to achieve less effort and more ergonomic motion for a healthier and more interactive user experience when viewing any digital display. Whether to enhance computing wellness or entertainment excitement, improve workplace productivity or create business process efficiencies, Ergotron's products are positioning your digital world. Ergotron is headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, with sales efforts in Phoenix, Amersfoort, London, Tokyo, and Singapore. Ergotron is a subsidiary of Nortek, Inc. (Nasdaq: NTK), a global, diversified company whose many market-leading brands deliver broad capabilities and a wide array of innovative, technology-driven products and solutions for lifestyle improvement at home and at work. Please visit www.nortek.com for more information.
Ergotron® is a trademark of Ergotron, Inc. Chromebook™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Ultrabook is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Video - http://youtu.be/DVmpZvBwhPQ
SOURCE Ergotron, Inc.