MUMBAI, India and FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich., Nov. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- eScan, a leading provider of real-time anti-virus and content security solutions, today announced the launch of eScan 11, a more feature-rich, user-friendly version of its next generation information security solution.
eScan 11 includes a new interface and additional support offerings that is designed to accommodate any user – from novice to expert to gamers and other users with unique needs. eScan 11's user interface represents a breakthrough in security solutions, offering users innovative, state-of-the-art design concepts and interface technologies seen in recently-introduced hardware, software and services, but, until now, not in the security market.
eScan 11 also features malicious URL filtering which will block access of users to harmful websites/URLs and prevent infections from "drive-by downloads" – socially-engineered malware that evades traditional security programs by using web page download links to quickly deliver a dangerous payload. These and other new features – together with eScan 11's multiple detection engines – are designed to ensure complete security for current and next generation threats.
A leading security solution in India and other worldwide markets, eScan has been enhanced for regions like the US, where there is new generation of threats and a new generation of users.
"eScan 11 addresses today's new security priorities with a comprehensive anti-virus, anti-spam and content security solution that is not only equipped to provide zero-day protection, but is also designed with the diverse requirements and sophistication of today's users in mind," said Govind Rammurthy, eScan CEO and managing director. "eScan 11 is unique in that it is both feature-rich and user-friendly, making this an effective and practical weapon against viruses, spyware, keyloggers, hackers, spam and other malicious internet threats, including new, more stealthy 'drive-by downloads' techniques."
"In the US in particular, the evolution of security threats and the changing needs of a growing base of users demand a new approach to protection, and eScan builds on its history as a security technology leader to address these new realities," said eScan COO, Rohini Sonawane. "For eScan 11, we analyzed the most recent attack vectors and methods of future breeds of malware and incorporated new technologies that can counter them. And while eScan 11 provides multi-layered protection, it utilizes very low memory and system resources so that system speed is not compromised."
Features new to eScan 11 include:
- Malicious URL filtering - Blocks user access to malicious websites/URLs and prevents infections from "drive-by downloads."
- Whitelisting - Increases performance by utilizing lower system resources as well as to eliminate accidental false positives. eScan updates its Whitelist database on a periodic basis.
- Rescue CD - Enables users to download an ISO file from which they can create an installation/ rescue CD. This Rescue CD – which can be used to boot the PC from the CD in order to clean an infected computer -- is available on the same page as that of the trial version.
- Content Security and Parental Control - Helps users block objectionable content and harmful Web sites.
- Web Anti-Phishing - Protects users from phishing attacks while surfing the Web
- Virtual Keyboard - Serves as a precaution against keyloggers. This keyboard can be used while typing sensitive information, such as banking passwords or credit card numbers.
- Folder and Files Security – Allows users to lock specific files and folders so that network users or local users cannot modify, delete or rename them.
- Advanced Self-Protection Features - Prevents new generation malware from disabling eScan real-time protection on a user's computer.
eScan 11 also comes with a Gaming Mode that ensures uninterrupted Gaming experience and a Laptop Mode feature that provides unmitigated battery time on laptops.
Home User editions are available for purchase through the eScan Website and through partners worldwide. There will be SMB and Corporate versions available in the near future. Customers who use eScan 10 can upgrade to the new eScan 11 free of cost.
For additional information on eScan 11, please visit the eScan Web site at: http://www.escanav.com.
eScan, the world's first real-time anti-virus and content security software for desktops and servers, is developed and marketed by MicroWorld. MicroWorld has offices in the U. S., India, Germany, Malaysia and South Africa, and is represented in more than 90 other countries by a worldwide network of partners Since the company was founded in 1993, MicroWorld was has redefined the information security landscape with the development of groundbreaking technologies and solutions. The company's flagship product, eScan is powered by today's most advanced security technologies and sophisticated anti-virus heuristic algorithms that not only protect against current threats, but also provide proactive protection. eScan has received certifications and awards from some of the security industry's most prestigious testing bodies, including Virus Bulletin, AV-Comparatives, West Coast Labs (Checkmark), ICSA, and PCSL labs.
Visit www.escanav.com for more information.