SAN FRANCISCO, March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Esurance and Pac-12 Enterprises have partnered to donate more than 500 tickets to the 2013 Pac-12 Men's and Women's basketball tournaments to six charities in Las Vegas and Seattle.
The ticket donations will provide a means for the organizations to raise additional funds and give their supporters the opportunity to enjoy the most exciting college basketball tournaments in the country. The 2013 Pac-12 Women's tournament was held in Seattle last week; the Pac-12 Men's Tournament is going on this week in Las Vegas.
Pac-12 Enterprises donated the tickets on behalf of Esurance to the following organizations:
- Best Buddies - aims to establish a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Big Brothers and Sisters of Puget Sound - provides children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives and develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
- Boys and Girls Club - helps inspire and enable all young people to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. The organization is one of the largest of its kind in the nation, serving 17,500 card-holding members annually.
- Opportunity Village - serves people in the Southern Nevada community with intellectual disabilities, helping to enhance their lives and the lives of the families who love them. Opportunity Village is dedicated to helping people with severe intellectual and related disabilities become the very best they can be.
- Special Olympics Washington - provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
"We are proud to team up with Esurance to make a difference in our tournament communities," said Steve Kerepesi, Pac-12 Enterprises Vice President of Corporate Partnerships. "We have enjoyed working with these communities in the lead up to the tournament, and appreciate that our events will benefit organizations doing important work in Seattle and Las Vegas."
"Esurance has a long history of giving back to the communities in which our customers live and work," said Esurance Vice President of Marketing Darren Howard. "We're very pleased that we can help make a difference in the lives of people in Seattle and Las Vegas."
Esurance is the official car insurance sponsor of the Pac-12 conference. As part of this arrangement, Pac-12 students and alumni can take advantage of an exclusive offer from Esurance that can provide a car insurance discount of up to 15 percent.*
*The Pac-12 discount (also known as the Education discount in some states) is applied to individuals who have attained certain educational levels irrespective of school conference membership. Discount not available in some states, including Washington and California. Reduced rates for Pac-12 students and alumni are available in California.
About Pac-12 Enterprises
Pac-12 Enterprises is the new content and multiplatform media company for the Pac-12 Conference, a leader in collegiate athletics that includes 12 of the most prestigious universities in the world and a nation-leading 453 NCAA titles across 27 sports. Headquartered in San Francisco, Pac-12 Enterprises was created in 2011 to develop and launch the Pac-12 Networks and Pac-12 Digital, and to control the distribution of the Pac-12 intellectual property rights in sports and other Conference initiatives. Launching August 15, 2012, the Pac-12 Networks are full-time native HD linear networks available to video programming operators, dedicated solely to the Pac-12. Consisting of a national network and six regional feeds, the Pac-12 Networks will televise hundreds of live sporting events annually and provide 24/7 access to Pac-12 teams and universities. Pac-12 Digital encompasses the digital network, mobile, the university websites, social media and innovative digital initiatives across the company. For more information, visit www.pac-12.com.
Esurance provides auto insurance direct to consumers online, over the phone, and through select agents, including sister company, Answer Financial. With an easy-to-use mobile app, quick comparison quotes, and online repair monitoring, Esurance is insurance for the modern world™ and the smart choice for today's web-savvy consumer. As a member of the Allstate family with an A+ rating from A.M. Best, Esurance is a reliable choice for car insurance, offering anytime, anywhere service just a click, call, or tap away. For more information, visit www.esurance.com or call 1-800-ESURANCE (1-800-378-7262).