LOD, Israel, February 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Ethernity Networks Ltd, a leading supplier of System on Chip Multiservice Fabric Flow Processors for Carrier Grade Ethernet appliances, unveils today its 10Gbps Carrier Ethernet Virtual Fiber wireless backbone solution and will present this revolutionary technology during Mobile World Congress 2013 at Hall 2 Stand 2D50 .
Ethernity delivers unique packet transmission technology for carrier grade scalable 10G Virtual Fiber Backbone over the Air, in point to point and mesh network offering the use of off the shelf wireless technology while maximizing availability and scalability, using standard IP over Ethernet in oppose to proprietary microwave technologies as described in the following link http://www.ethernitynet.com/MeshWirelessBackbone.htm.
Ethernity offers solution that can aggregate multiple microwave (like Wi-Fi )links to form a 10Gbps virtual link, where each link is directed in a way that will prevent interference between adjacent wireless links. Ethernity solution runs packets or single IP stream over multiple microwave links with the ability to transmit those packets over standard switches and construct the data to a single stream using frame reordering and jitter buffer technologies.
A multi point to point wireless mesh solution is consist of:
- CPE that connects several stream sources , or microwave links being part of a mesh , and routes data packets coming from other wireless links towards the gateway. Each CPE includes Carrier Ethernet features such as QoS, OAM and CFM.
- Gateway - a single gateway that supports cluster of multiple CPEs that routes streams towards the right CPE, and collects fragments of packets from multiple CPEs to form the original stream
In Summary Ethernity wireless mesh solution result with :
- 10Gbps wireless virtual connection - delivers packet transmission over multiple wireless links through maximum network availability while maintaining end to end network delay on a flow base.
- Scalable throughput - Ethernity wireless backbone solution offers multi point to point scalable wireless network through the ability to connect as many Wi-Fi links per virtual connection together with single gateway to construct the original streams coming from multiple routes
- Maximum Availability - Supports scalable and maximum mesh network availability without the need to reroute the entire traffic in case of link failure. With Ethernity solution certain link or area failure only decreases momentarily the throughout
- Lossless - Equipped with 50ms buffering to enable retransmission in cased of failure in one of the links
- Sourcing standard Wi-Fi - Use standard Wi-Fi technology without the need to cope with high operational cost of proprietary microwave technology or dependency on certain proprietary microwave technologies
Ethernity Networks develops and provides System on a Chip , Carrier Grade Fabric Flow Processors for telecommunication and data communication platforms enabling the Programmable Network™. The ENET architecture is based entirely on Ethernity technology which is protected by patents. Ethernity Networks' products target the Broadband Access, Mobile Backhaul and Metro Ethernet market spaces. Ethernity Networks is headquartered in Lod, Israel.
Additional information is available at http://www.ethernitynet.com.
SOURCE Ethernity Networks Ltd