The European automotive composites market is expected to reach an estimated $5.3 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 3.7% from 2020 to 2025.
The future of the automotive composites market looks good with opportunities in the power train, exterior, interior, electrical and electronics, and underbody system. The major drivers for this market are increasing automotive production and growing demand for lightweight materials to achieve higher fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the European automotive composites industry, include increasing penetration of carbon fiber-based SMC, development of low-density SMC, and formation of strategic alliances between OEMs and carbon fiber and resin suppliers.
The study includes European automotive composites market trends and forecast for the European automotive composites market through 2025, segmented by application, material, fiber, resin, and country.
On the basis of its comprehensive research, the report forecasts that the short fiber thermoplastic (SFT) will remain the largest segment by value and volume due to ease of processing and better capability of making parts in complex geometry.
Within this market, PA, PP, PBT, vinyl ester, epoxy, polyester, and phenolic are the major resin used in the manufacturing of composites parts for automotive applications. PA-based composites will remain the largest market by value and volume due to the increasing demand for high-temperature thermoplastics for under the hood applications.
By fiber type, glass fiber, carbon fiber, and natural fiber based composites are the major segments. Carbon fiber based composite market is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to increasing penetration of carbon composites in sports, luxury and electric vehicles.
Some of the European automotive composite companies profiled in this report include Plastic Omnium, Polytec, BASF, DSM, Polynt, Lanxess and others.
Some of the features of this report include:
Market size estimates: European automotive composites market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (M Lbs.) shipment.
Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2014-2019) and forecast (2020-2025) by application, and end-use industry.
Segmentation analysis: European automotive composites market size by various applications such as end-use industry, process type, and resin type in terms of value and volume shipment.
Regional analysis: European automotive composites market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
Growth opportunities: Analysis of growth opportunities in different applications and regions of automotive composites in the European automotive composites market.
Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape in the European automotive composites market.
Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions:
Q.1. What are some of the most promising, high-growth in the European automotive composites market by material type (SMC, BMC, GMT, SFT, LFT, CFT, Phenolic, PU, Natural Fiber, Carbon thermoset composites), by resin type(PP, PBT, Vinyl Ester, PA, Epoxy, Polyester, Phenolic and others), by fiber type (glass fiber, carbon fiber and natural fiber composites),by resin group (Thermoplastic and Thermoset Composites), and by application (interior, exterior, power train system, under body system, electrical and electronics and others)? Q.2.Which product segments will grow at a faster pace and why? Q.3.Which region will grow at a faster pace and why? Q.4.What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges in the European automotive composites market? Q.5.What are the business risks and competitive threats in this European automotive composites market? Q.6.What are emerging trends in this market and the reasons behind them? Q.7.What are some changing demands of customers in the European automotive composites market? Q.8.What are the new developments in the European automotive composites market and which companies are leading these developments? Q.9.Who are the major players in this European automotive composites market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth? Q.10. What are some of the competitive products in this area and how great a threat do they pose for loss of market share through product substitution? Q.11. What M&A activities have transpired in the last 5 years in this European automotive composites market and what is its impact on the industry?
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. European Automotive Composites Market Dynamics 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications 2.2: Supply Chain of the Composite in the European Automotive Market 2.3: Industry drivers and challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecast 3.2: Automotive Composites Market by Material Type 3.3: Automotive Composites Market by Resin Type 3.4: Automotive Composites Market by Application 3.5: Automotive Composites Market by Resin Group 3.6: Automotive Composites Market by Fiber Type
4. Country Analysis 4.1: Country Analysis of European Automotive Composites Market
6. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis 6.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis 6.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the European Automotive Market by Material 6.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the European Automotive Market by Application 6.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the European Automotive Market by Resin Type 6.2: Emerging Trends in the European Automotive Composites Market 6.3: Strategic Analysis 6.3.1: New Product Development 6.3.2: Capacity Expansion of Composites in the European Automotive Market 6.3.3: Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures in the European Automotive Composites Market 6.3.4: Certification and Licensing 6.3.5: Technology Development
7. Company Profiles of Leading Players 7.1: Magna International Corporation 7.2: Menzolit 7.3: LORENZ Kunststofftechnik GmbH 7.4: Ranger Italiana 7.5: Continental Structural Plastics 7.6: Lanxess 7.7: Hanwha 7.8: BASF 7.9: DSM 7.10: Quadrant Plastic Composites