LONDON, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
High Investment in the IT Applications Drives Market Demand
The European rack and rack options market is growing with still high opportunities for growth during the next 5 years. The rack options segment, which includes cooling and airflow management, power management and power distribution units (PDU) cable management, monitoring, and security and access, is expected to grow at a high rate compared to the growth rate of the racks segment. The Rest of Europe region presents high growth opportunities for the rack and rack options market, especially the Nordic countries. The growth of data centres in this region is the key driver for this growth.
• The European rack and rack options market is growing with still high opportunities for growth during the next X years. In 2012, it registered revenue of $X million and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% (2012–2017).
• The rack options that include cooling and airflow management, power management and power distribution units (PDUs) cable management, monitoring, and security and access are expected to grow at a high rate with a CAGR of X%, which is higher than the growth rate of the racks, which is X% CAGR (2012–2017).
• The Rest of Europe segment presents high growth opportunities for the rack and rack options market, especially the Nordic countries. The growth of data centres in this region is the key driver for this growth.
• The majority of revenues of the overall rack and rack options market in Europe come from the information technologies (IT) segment, which contributed about X% of the revenues in 2012. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of X% from 2012–2017.
• The most prominent rack type in Europe is the 4-post rack with aboutX% revenues generated from them in 2012. This trend is specific to Europe due to the governments' influence on energy efficiency.
• Distribution channels used in this market are distributors, value-added resellers (VARs), and direct sales with system integrators. Sales via VARs are gaining prominence because of the technological advancements in the products and solutions.
1. A great potential in the IT segment is identified—especially the data centres—for the next 5 years.
2. Rack options are increasingly gaining significance in terms of technology advancements.
3. Partnerships and alliances among rack and rack options manufacturers are gaining prominence.
4. Having high-end racks with integrated active components and new product development is key to gaining a competitive edge.
5. The Nordic countries present a high growth opportunity for the rack and rack options market.
Server Rack Definition
A server rack is defined as an enclosure or a cabinet that houses computing equipment such as servers and related accessories, for example, cables and PDUs.
For the purpose of this study, the racks have been classified under 3 levels:
Level 1: Standard rack — simple sheet metal rack, no product differentiation, and basic cable management
Level 2: Simple integration — racks integrated with basic cable management, basic PDU, basic monitoring, and passive cooling (and does not include service)
Level 3: Rack system — complete integration (package or solution), ranges from level 2 offering with complex cable management, complex PDU, monitoring and management, active cooling, data centre design consulting, installation, and service
Rack Options Include
• Cooling and airflow management
• Power management and PDU
• Cable management
• Monitoring, security and access
Geographic scope (Europe) includes the United Kingdom (UK), Germany, France, Benelux, Italy, and Rest of Europe.
Rest of Europe Includes:
• Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) — Poland, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, the Baltic States, Serbia, Croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Albania, Bosnia, and Herzegovina
• The Baltic States — Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia
• The Nordics — Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
• Spain and Portugal
Vertical Application Segments Include
• Others — Banks, financial institutions, government, commercial, retail, and healthcare Note: Both the euro and the United States (US) dollar currencies are used in the study. The exchange rate used is € per $1 (€ = $1).
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
How is the revenue system structured? What segments are experiencing growth and what segments are declining?
How is the competitive scenario like?
Which applications offer the most growth potential?
What companies are the major participants in this market and what are their market shares?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Rack and Rack Options Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Regional Breakdown
5. The United Kingdom
10. Rest of Europe
11. The Last Word
Read the full report:
European Rack and Rack Options Market