LONDON, April 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The European stationary cycle market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2014 to 2019. Though the mature markets (such as the U.S., Germany, and the U.K.) hold larger shares in the global stationary cycle market, the German segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 4.0% from 2014 to 2019. The European stationary cycle market holds high potential for growth in future, due to a number of forces that favor this market. These factors include the increasing health and fitness consciousness among consumers in Europe.
High obesity incidence and a colossal patient pool who suffer from cardiovascular diseases have also influenced the increasing awareness, eventually driving the growth of the European stationary cycle market. Government initiatives to raise funds, conducting conferences, as well as arranging community-based physical activity and healthy consumption programs have further fueled the European market. However, the paucity of research and development (R&D) facilities and deceptive marketing strategies and practices adopted by players in the fitness equipment market to attract customers obstruct the growth of this market. The shift by major health club chains towards equipment retailing and the emergence of new distribution channels in the fitness industry provide numerous growth opportunities for market players to accelerate their growth in the European stationary cycle market in the near future.
In this report, the European stationary cycle market is broadly classified on the basis of product type, pricing of the equipment, and end-users. The products segment is classified into recumbent stationary cycle and upright stationary cycle. Based on the pricing of equipment, the European stationary cycle market has been categorized into premium equipment and budget equipment. The major end-users of the stationary cycle market are health clubs and home fitness, among others.
Geographically, the market has been analyzed in terms of major countries in the European region, namely the U.K., France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe (RoE). Germany commanded the largest share of 20.0% of the European stationary cycle market in 2014, followed by France. The high obesity rate has forced people to opt for bariatric procedures for weight loss. The Hospital Episode Statistics for England, collected by the NHS Information Centre for Health and Social Care, recorded that gastric banding and bypass procedures in the U.K. have increased manifold in the recent past.
There were about 715 gastric band insertions from 2006 to 2007, which increased to about 1,316 insertions from 2011 to 2012. For gastric band removals, the numbers increased from 11 from 2006 to 2007 to 124 from 2011 to 2012. Between 2011 and2012, 5,407 gastric bypass procedures were performed in comparison to the 858 procedures between 2006 and 2007. The demand for weight loss surgery in the NHS is higher than the supply in the country. Since the U.K. holds the largest share of obesity ratio in Europe, there is a high demand for bariatric surgeries in the country, which drives the growth of the stationary cycle market, as the patients are recommended to follow up with regular exercises post-surgery. Hence, with the increasing rate of obesity in Europe, the stationary cycle market is expected to grow further from 2014 to 2019.
The report has profiled the leading players of this market, along with their developments (new product launches, partnerships, agreements, collaborations, and joint ventures) over the past few years and strategies adopted by them to sustain and strengthen their positions in the European stationary cycle market. AGF (Taiwan), Bladez Fitness (Spain), Cybex International, Inc. (U.S.), Kettler (Germany), Nautilus, Inc. (U.S.), and Life Fitness (U.S.), among others, are among the key players that are engaged in this market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends and PEST analysis), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together provide details on the competitive landscape, usage patterns, emerging and high-growth segments of the stationary cycle market, high-growth countries & their respective regulatory policies, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the market.
The report will enrich both the established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms garner a greater market share. Firms that purchase the report could use any one or a combination of five strategies that include market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment to strengthen their market share.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Product Analysis and Development: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities and new product launches in the European stationary cycle market. Usage pattern/penetration rate (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise) and purchasing data. Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, patent analysis, pipeline products, and product recalls.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information of lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for stationary cycle across geographies, exploits new distribution channels, new clientele base, and different pricing policies.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investment decisions in the stationary cycle market. Detailed description with regards to related and unrelated diversification pertaining to this market.
- Competitive Assessment: Forecast of an in-depth assessment of the market shares and company share analysis of key players till 2019, along with the business strategies and manufacturing capabilities of leading market players.
- Product/ Brand Perception Analysis: Comprehensive study of customers' perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool (digital marketing language) that checks the virality and tonality of blogs.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2827285/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers