NEW YORK, Sept. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Everyday Health Inc., a leading provider of digital health and wellness solutions, announced today a call for entries for the 2015 Everyday Health Awards for Innovation to recognize the best in technology modernization aimed at improving health outcomes. The winners will be recognized and spotlighted at the 2015 International CES, the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technology. Winners will be announced on January 7, 2015 during the Digital Health Summit, a conference and exhibit produced by Living in Digital Times held annually at CES.
The call for entries is open until October 17, 2014. To submit an entry for one of the following categories, go to http://awards.digitalhealthsummit.com/ for more information:
- Personal Health: Products or services that consumers can use on their own to improve their everyday health, fitness and wellness
- Chronic Condition Management: Participatory healthcare product or service guiding patients to play an active role in their healthcare or helps physicians manage a patient's chronic condition
- Healthiest Company: An exemplary company that provides innovative wellness solutions that boast the overall health and happiness of employees
- Healthy Aging: Technological innovations serving the critical needs of the aging population and those requiring assistive technology
- Pet Health: Technology innovation that measures pets' biometric health and welfare
- Student Innovation: Open to any currently enrolled student for a technology innovation that helps to improve health outcomes
- Emerging Tech: Cutting-edge technology and biotech advances that will dramatically alter the way in which we live
"Every day, companies are revolutionizing not only the healthcare system, but the way we as individuals can be active participants in our own personal health," said Paul Slavin, Chief Operating Officer, Everyday Health. "Our annual Everyday Health Awards is our way of recognizing those who are moving the digital healthcare needle forward."
Winners will be chosen by a combination of popular online votes – with online voting beginning November 10, 2014 – and a team of expert judges that include:
- Scott Collins, President/CEO, Link-age
- Wainwright Fishburn, Partner, Cooley LLP
- Missy Krasner, Managing Director for Healthcare & Life Sciences, Box
- Jeff Makowka, Senior Strategic Advisor, AARP
- Dan Munro, Contributor, Forbes
- John Nosta, President, NostaLab
- Lisa Suennen, Managing Partner, Venture Valkyrie
- Dr. Reed V. Tuckson, Managing Partner, Tuckson Health Connections
Jill Gilbert, Producer of the Digital Health Summit shared, "We work all year to bring the best new technologies into the limelight. We're excited to be able to provide emerging companies and brilliant innovators with an opportunity to shine in Las Vegas during CES where they will get great media exposure and priceless business opportunities."
Last year's winners included Scanadu's Scout Tricorder, Dexcom's continuous glucose management system, SmartWatch, Cityzen Sciences' smart monitoring shirt, and Prime Inc.'s Driver Health and Fitness program.
About Everyday Health, Inc.
Everyday Health, Inc. (NYSE: EVDY) is a leading provider of digital health and wellness solutions. Everyday Health attracts a large and engaged audience of consumers and healthcare professionals to its premier health and wellness properties, and utilizes its data and analytics expertise to deliver highly personalized content experiences and efficient and effective marketing and engagement solutions. Everyday Health enables consumers to manage their daily health and wellness needs, healthcare professionals to stay informed and make better decisions for their patients, and marketers, health payors and providers to communicate and engage with consumers and healthcare professionals to drive better health outcomes. Everyday Health's content and solutions are delivered through multiple channels, including desktop, mobile web, and mobile phone and tablet applications, as well as video and social media.
For additional information contact:
LKPR, Inc. for Living in Digital Times
SOURCE Living in Digital Times; Everyday Health, Inc.