MONROE, La., Oct. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- One of the most important takeaways from National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), a month dedicated to promoting online safety and privacy, is everyone plays a part in keeping the internet safe. As a global communications provider and a NCSAM Champion, CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) is sharing tips and best practices from consumer, small business, corporate social responsibility, enterprise and critical infrastructure cybersecurity experts.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8238354-centurylink-internet-safety-cyber-security-awareness-month/
"We are all part of keeping the internet safe," said Chris Betz, CenturyLink's chief security officer. "At CenturyLink, that means using our unique visibility into the evolving threat landscape to give our customers the tools and intelligence they need to protect what's most important to them."
Tips everyone can implement to be safer online:
- Choose a unique password for each account and device, such as a passphrase with some numbers or special characters substituted for letters.
- Be wary of oversharing personal information, which can be used for social engineering.
- Think before clicking: phishing is one of the most common forms of cybercrime.
- Keep all internet-connected devices, including smart home devices, updated with the latest security patches.
- Collaborate with your internet service provider for additional ways to keep your home or business safe from cybercriminals.
Interested in more tips and best practices? Visit these resources:
- You can make your home a haven for online safety
- STEM: Building a Pipeline of Talent in Cybersecurity
- Business Owner's Guide to Cybersecurity
- Mid-sized businesses want security embedded in the network
- Addressing Cyber Risks through Public-Private Partnerships
- CenturyLink 2018 Threat Report
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
SOURCE CenturyLink, Inc.