SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- exacly.me, today launched their eponymously named visual opinion and social sharing app in the US, available for free in the App Store. Unlike other self-expression apps, exacly.me lets users express their honest opinions - positive or negative - on just about anything through photos. With exacly.me, people can express their points of view like they do in real life, sharing not just the stuff we all agree with, but varied opinions that make us different and special.
At the core of exacly.me are "photopinions" which are photos tagged with opinions. Users simply upload photos of experiences, activities, locations and/or things and tag them with their opinions. You can even swipe through photopinions of others and express your opinion on those as well. Love something? Just "me" it. Not so much? "not me" or even "so not me" it. The experience is authentic, true to life and addictive.
"We live in a digital world inundated with 'likes' and perfect moments and there aren't many ways to share what you don't care about or identify with. We created exacly.me as a venue for bold and authentic self-expression," said Simantini Chakraborty, co-founder and CEO of exacly.me. "We see immense value in understanding what turns people on as well as what turns them off, and wanted exacly.me to be the best way for the 'me generation' to express themselves as they do in everyday life."
exacly.me key features:
- Show and tell. Users upload photopinions about products, experiences, activities or locations and tell the world exactly how they feel about them. Engage others by leaving comments and agreeing or disagreeing with their photopinion.
- Share the degree of feelings. Tap the "me," or "not me," buttons to get more granular self-expression options like "maybe me," "exacly me" or "so not me."
- Become an opinion leader. Users can quickly become opinion leaders in various hubs with fun names like "Born to Run," "Fashion Junkie" and many others, after they upload or swipe photopinions.
- Follow an influencer. Influencers from various fields (technology, music, food, adventure, etc.) become hubs of their own by showcasing their loves and hates.
- Smart recommendations. Get smart recommendations on people and things, based on a user's ever-changing opinions and tastes.
- Upload anonymously. Photopinions can be anonymized if a user doesn't want their name associated with it.
- Compare against others. The "me score" shows how well users match up with each other based on mutual "me's" and "not me's," leading to new discoveries and potential friends.
- Social sharing. Get noticed and become an opinion leader and trendsetter by uploading and sharing original photopinions on Facebook and Twitter.
- App store: TBC
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/exacly.me
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/exacly_me
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/exaclyme/
exacly.me is the first app that lets people share their loves and hates with the world through photos. It allows a person to express their honest point of view, discover new things and compare themselves with their friends - just like they do in real life. exacly.me's predictive intelligence adjusts to a user's ever-changing tastes, helping users find people and things that really matter to them. exacly.me is led by co-founder and CEO Simantini Chakraborty, who worked with product and data teams across companies like Microsoft and Amazon. exacly.me's dynamic algorithms and machine learning was developed by co-founder and CTO David Warthen who was also the co-founder and CTO of Askjeeves.com (aka ask.com) and CTO of several other cutting-edge startups with successful exits. For more information please visit www.exacly.me.