LOS ANGELES, Aug. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Exactuals, provider of an innovative SaaS platform for complex payments in the entertainment industry, today released photos from the launch party it sponsored to celebrate the return of Sound City Studios, where many of music's biggest artists recorded their most important works, including Fleetwood Mac, Johnny Cash, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Tom Petty, Dr. John, Neil Young, Metallica, Bob Dylan, Elton John, Alice Cooper, Santana, and the Grateful Dead. The studio's storied history is well documented in Nirvana and Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl's 2013 documentary, "Sound City."
After being closed to the public for more than a decade, the studio is now back to reclaim its proper place as the home of rock, thanks to the combined passion and efforts of Olivier Chastan, founder and CEO of entertainment intellectual property fund Iconoclast, and Sandy Skeeter, President of the Sound City Studios complex and the daughter of Sound City's founder Tom Skeeter. The studio boasts the best in vintage analog equipment (including two legendary Helios "Type 69" consoles) along with modern digital equipment to attract established artists and budding musicians alike. Those in attendance of the celebratory gathering included:
- Joe Barresi, producer (Soundgarden, Hole, Nine Inch Nails)
- Jay Boberg, former CEO of MCA and chairman of INgrooves
- Scott Francis, former CEO of BMG Music Publishing and Warner Chappell, now co-founder and CEO of Santa Monica Brew Works
- Howie Weinberg, mastering engineer (Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Metallica)
- Rafa Sardina, 12-time Grammy winning producer, mixer, engineer (Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Beyoncé)
- Publicist to the stars Alan Edwards of the Outside Organisation (Carrie Underwood, David Bowie, The Spice Girls)
- Kenny MacPherson, former CEO of Chrysalis North America and founder/president of Big Deal Music
- Tony Maserati, multiple Grammy-winning producer and audio engineer (Lady Gaga, James Brown, Black Eyed Peas)
- Famed celebrity photographer Timothy White
- Ken Caillat, producer and engineer (Fleetwood Mac's Rumors and Tusk, daughter Colbie)
"This was a real labor of love that started in late 2016 and finally came to fruition," said Olivier Chastan. "Beyond the rebirth of this legendary place is the idea to provide a creative hub for the artist community. In that context, having Exactuals as sponsor made total sense. Their technology platform has the same goal as our studio: to provide tools to support the creative community."
Exactuals, which has been generating buzz since it announced $21.5M in funding, provides an innovative SaaS platform used by film/TV, music, and marketplace companies to manage residuals, royalties, and other complex payments for thousands of payees. The company works with all facets of the music industry to provide secure, transparent, and rapid payments, providing a flexible platform that can be established quickly and modified in real time.
"We're proud to have played a supporting role in the celebration at Sound City Studios, birthplace of so many classic albums," said Mike Hurst, Exactuals CEO and Co-Founder. "Sandy and Olivier have done music an important service by relaunching this legendary studio."
For photos or more information about the event, please contact email@example.com.
Exactuals provides an innovative SaaS platform used by film/TV, music, and marketplace companies to manage residuals, royalties, and other complex payments for thousands of payees. Founded at the Stanford Graduate School of Business in 2011 with the mission to modernize the entertainment payments space, the company is led by a team of software and entertainment industry veterans and has received funding from Entertainment Partners, City National, TTV Capital, S-Cubed Capital, and Stanford-StartX Fund among others. Exactuals is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. For more information, please visit www.exactuals.com.
About Sound City Studios
For more information about Sound City Studios:
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/exactuals-sponsored-industry-gathering-marks-return-of-legendary-sound-city-studios-300506794.html