NEW YORK, Nov. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Executive Insight of Key Trends in Vehicle Design : Car Design—A Deal Breaker or Not? Aesthetics is Not All that Matters
Cars have been iconic figures in history; their design and evolution are tracked even today as a benchmark of technical capabilities. This study provides an overview of the current trends in vehicle design, with an analysis of the key strategies and design capabilities of global automotive groups based in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. It includes a comparative analysis by headquarters region. The study also looks at design trends for vehicle interiors and exteriors, and the effect that safety regulations are having on design. Market drivers and restraints, and industry challenges are examined. The study period is from 2015 to 2025.
Daimler, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), General Motors (GM), Renault-Nissan, and Volkswagen (VW) will be able to cater to the global market due to their expected CUV portfolio strategies.
Trends in Vehicle Design: Key Takeaways, Global, 2015
Understanding regional preferences based on vehicle usage or other factors including driver age and fuel prices will be key to success with respect to vehicle body size and style.
While Asian drivers prefer compact cars (hatchbacks, sedans, and crossover utility vehicles [CUVs]), they also demand a feel of luxury in their vehicles.
- North America is dominated by large vehicles (sport utility vehicles [SUVs], pickups, and vans), largely due to lower fuel prices.
- European and Middle Eastern countries prefer near-premium to premium sedans to emulate high status.
The definition of luxury is changing, especially among Generations X and Y. They look for:
- A high level of customizability
- Vehicle individuality
Rapid prototyping along with 3-D printing will be a key strategy to meet these requirements.
Autonomous vehicles and vehicles aimed at mobility will completely reshape based on considerations such as regional usage, parking, powertrain, and materials used.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are OEMs' broad goals and drivers as they invest in advancements in vehicle body styling?
- What innovations have been noticed in vehicle body styling?
- What is the most favorable size and shape produced globally among the top OEMs?
- What is the future of the autonomous vehicle and its usage in the mobility field?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03406214-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001