NEW YORK, Jan. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- The Online Publishers Association (OPA) today announced seven new member companies, a complete list can be found here http://www.online-publishers.org/current-members and new executive officers for 2010. Charlie Tillinghast, President & Publisher, Msnbc Digital Network, named Chairman, Sarah Chubb, President, Conde Nast Digital, Vice Chair, Gordon McLeod, President, Wall Street Journal Digital Network, Treasurer and Jim Spanfeller, President & CEO The Spanfeller Media Group, Secretary.
"We are very fortunate to have Charlie, Sarah, Gordon and Jim - all extremely talented, experienced and successful business leaders, serve as our executive officers for 2010," said Pam Horan, President of the Online Publishers Association. "The media industry is amidst promising change and these visionaries will help continue the growth and evolution of the OPA and the online media sector into a new decade."
"With a year of tremendous change behind us, 2010 will be an important year for the publishing industry to display creativity, innovation and accountability," said Charlie Tillinghast, president and publisher of the Msnbc Digital Network. "In my new role as chairman, I'll work closely with the members of the OPA to continue to set the highest standards in online publishing and advance the industry by delivering insightful research that illustrates advertising effectiveness, consumer behavior and the power of the online channel."
New OPA members include:
- BBC.com offers up to the minute international news, business, technology, sports, weather, and lifestyle content as well as in depth analysis of the issues that matter to U.S. and international audiences.
- Comcast Interactive Media, the division of Comcast that develops and operates the company's Internet businesses. CIM manages a portfolio of leading Web properties that include the entertainment and lifestyle sites Movies.com, Fancast, Fandango and DailyCandy.
- Disney Interactive Media Group, a division of The Walt Disney Company, is responsible for the creation and delivery of Disney branded interactive entertainment and lifestyle content across multiple platforms including online, mobile and video game consoles around the globe.
- Everyday Health operates a portfolio of health sites, which attracts over 25 million unique users per month. Everyday Health provides expert guidance and daily tools to make the best health choices, actively manage their conditions and live healthier lives every day.
- Hearst Digital Media is dedicated to creating and implementing the digital strategy for Hearst's magazine brands and other sites, which serve the company's consumers and audience through the sites for brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire and Seventeen, as well as online-only digital brands Delish.com, TheDailyGreen.com, Kaboodle.com and RealBeauty.com.
- Rainbow Media is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation and the owner of cable networks that produce television programming, Web and multi-platform content. Rainbow Media's portfolio includes: AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv, Wedding Central and IFC Entertainment.
- VEVO is a music video and entertainment service created in partnership by Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment and the Abu Dhabi Media Company.
OPA Member companies, all of which are providers of high quality, premium online content, have a combined, unduplicated reach of 149.3 million monthly unique visitors, or 79% of the total U.S. online population. They include a great diversity of content, with the leading publishers of general and political news, sports and entertainment information, product reviews, travel information, business and financial news and more.
About the OPA
Founded in June 2001, the Online Publishers Association is an industry trade organization whose mission is to advance the interests of high-quality online publishers before the advertising community, the press, the government and the public. Members of OPA represent the standards in Internet publishing with respect to editorial quality and integrity, credibility and accountability. OPA member sites have a combined, unduplicated reach of 149.3 million visitors, or 79% percent of the total U.S. Internet audience (Source: comScore Media Metrix, August 2008 combined home/work/university data). For more information, go to www.online-publishers.org.
SOURCE The Online Publishers Association