SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- JAVA ONE (BOOTH #5209) -- eXo, the Java user experience platform company, and Jaspersoft, the world's most widely deployed business intelligence software, have teamed up to highlight the power of enterprise business intelligence (BI) integrated with rich social and collaboration features. The two companies will be showcasing the combination of Jaspersoft Enterprise with eXo Platform 3.0, announced today, at Java One (booth #5209).
- The eXo and Jaspersoft interoperability brings new tools for extending BI applications with collaboration workspaces and real-time activity streams -- in a social intranet, or as a gadget that can be added to dashboards. Developers can further enhance this integration, while business users have more customization options for their reports and dashboards.
- eXo Platform can be integrated with Jaspersoft in minutes with a simple, free plug-in, which will be available for download by the end of this month.
- eXo Platform 3.0 is the first integrated environment for building modern Java applications with features such as content management, collaboration and social. It is based on open standards and open source, including the GateIn portal framework eXo co-develops with Red Hat.
- Jaspersoft Enterprise is a high-performance business intelligence solution that can be deployed as either a stand-alone or embedded application, providing easy to use web based reports, dashboards, and data analysis capabilities.
Collaboration + BI Together Deliver:
- BI Events in Activity Streams: Automatically syndicate JasperReports events and user interactions in activity streams, enabling users to see relevant information, such as newly available or modified reports, in real-time.
- Single View Analysis of Multiple Activity Streams: Developers can mashup activity streams from several third-party applications with eXo, then analyze the social data captured over time in a single report from Jaspersoft. This reduces the need for multiple reports, and also provides analysis of separate but related data sources.
- Gadgets and Dashboards: Developers can quickly build gadgets to display their BI activity streams, which can be displayed in any OpenSocial-supported dashboard, from an enterprise intranet to iGoogle.
- Benjamin Mestrallet, CEO of eXo: "eXo just rolled out eXo Platform 3.0 today, and we could not have a better way to demonstrate its capabilities than in this interoperability with Jaspersoft. By social-enabling their enterprise BI application to push out real-time information, eXo Platform 3.0 can provide enhanced collaboration for BI developers -- while the ability to report on historical content and activity streams shows how easy it is to extend and connect with eXo."
- Brian Gentile, CEO of Jaspersoft: "eXo recognizes Jaspersoft as the best-in-breed BI provider by choosing to demonstrate the extensibility of eXo Platform by interoperating with Jaspersoft's enterprise BI application. This collaboration shows the power of these two open platforms to solve customer needs and deliver updates to decision makers as they happen."
- More information about the eXo-Jaspersoft interoperability effort
- Video: demo of eXo and Jaspersoft integration
- Video: example of multiple activity streams mashed up to create a single developer dashboard
eXo Platform, Jaspersoft, collaboration, business intelligence, Java, user experience platform, UXP, portal, open source, social software
Jaspersoft's open source business intelligence is the world's most widely used BI software, with over 11.5 million product downloads worldwide and nearly 13,000 commercial customers in 100 countries. Jaspersoft provides a web-based, open and modular approach to the evolving business intelligence needs of the enterprise and is the only BI vendor enabling true multi-tenancy while providing a common platform for on-premise, virtualized, SaaS and cloud deployments. Jaspersoft's products span the continuum of core BI requirements, including production reporting, operational & embedded reporting and analysis, interactive end-user query & reporting, dashboards and mash-ups, data analysis and data integration. Its BI software is updated constantly by a community of over 160,000 registered members working on more than 350 projects, which represents the world's largest business intelligence community. More information is available at http://www.jaspersoft.com and http://www.jasperforge.org.
eXo (http://exoplatform.com) offers the first and only User Experience Platform for Java. The eXo Platform makes Java websites and applications faster to build and easier to deploy, and offers modern features such as content, collaboration, social and knowledge on a services-based architecture. The company has established technology leadership and proven value by their large European installed base and strategic partnerships with Red Hat and Bull. eXo maintains U.S. headquarters in San Francisco, Calif. with global headquarters in France and offices in Tunisia, Ukraine and Vietnam. For news and updates from eXo, follow @exoplatform.