BELLEVUE, Wash., Oct. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Travel Weekly awarded its prestigious 2016 Silver Magellan Award to the Expedia Travel Agent Affiliate Program (TAAP), the largest global travel agency affiliation program dedicated to providing service to travel agents, in the category of Online Travel Services. In this category, U.S. Expedia TAAP won, representing the coordinated effort of the U.S. TAAP team, as well as a high standard of excellence within the travel industry.
Travel Weekly received and judged several hundred global entries by a panel of industry leading travel experts. The Magellan Awards highlight outstanding design, marketing and services in a broad range of industry segments including Hospitality, Travel Destinations, Cruise Lines, Online Travel Services, Airlines and Airports, Travel Agents and Agencies, Tour Operators and Ground Transportation. The October 19 issue of Travel Weekly will highlight Magellan Award winners as well on www.travelweekly.com.
Currently operating in 30 countries, Expedia TAAP has more than 50,000 active global travel agency partners. "Our driving purpose is to support and promote the travel agency community," said Linda Lossing, U.S. head of Expedia's Travel Agent Affiliate Program. "We intend to work every day to offer our agency partners the level of support they deserve and are proud of the recognition from Travel Weekly."
Expedia TAAP dedicates its work solely to the travel agency community and commits to providing agencies with what it takes to be successful in today's competitive marketplace. Consequently, U.S. Expedia TAAP provides the necessary products and services to align with travel agents' business needs.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the world's largest online travel company, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel company with localized sites in 33 countries
- Hotels.com®, a preeminent global lodging expert operating in more than 65 countries and 35 languages with its award winning Hotels.com® Rewards loyalty program
- Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries
- Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B business that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search with sites in 55 countries worldwide
- HomeAway®, a global online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, which also includes the VRBO, VacationRentals.com and BedandBreakfast.com brands, among others
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Travelocity®, a leading online travel brand in the U.S. and Canada delivering customer service when and where our customers need it with the Customer 1st Guarantee
- Hotwire®, inspiring spontaneous travel through Hot Rate® deals
- Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of Expedia, Inc. that builds media partnerships and enables brand advertisers to target a highly-qualified audience of travel consumers
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands including Wotif.com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz and travel.com.au®
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- CarRentals.com™, a premier online car rental booking company with localized sites in 13 countries
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in hundreds of destinations worldwide
- Venere.com™, an online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of over 220 retail travel agency franchises across North America
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2016 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/expedia-taap-wins-silver-at-travel-weekly-magellan-awards-300341654.html
SOURCE Expedia, Inc.