COSTA MESA, Calif., June 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Experian®, the global information services company, today announced the release of its 2010 corporate responsibility report. Despite the economic challenges still facing many of the countries in which Experian operates, employees raised nearly $700,000 for charitable organizations this past fiscal year. However, community involvement is only one piece of the puzzle. Entitled Supporting our strategy for growth, the report focuses on global accomplishments within six key responsibilities: data, products and services, consumers, environmental impact, community involvement and being a good employer.
"At Experian, we've become known for the insight we provide through our data and analytics," said Don Robert, chief executive officer, Experian. "By taking a look at our wider responsibilities in society, we can bring these skills and experience to a much broader audience — and we make ourselves a more sustainable company as a result. This is what we mean by taking our corporate responsibilities seriously and doing it right."
Featuring in-depth case studies and regional accounts, Experian's 2010 report highlights successes from around the globe:
- Delivering effective education and employer partnerships through a newly created, government-backed initiative, the Education and Employers Taskforce
- Supporting a school for underprivileged children in Dharavi, Mumbai
- Working with the microfinance sector to accelerate financial inclusion
- Delivering adult education sessions on financial literacy at schools and colleges in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- In collaboration with the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy, hosting the inaugural National Financial Literacy Educator Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Supporting a Debt Awareness Campaign in the United Kingdom, with events, information and practical support to help local people, as well as local businesses, navigate through the recession
This year's report includes data from Experian's Fiscal Year 2010, beginning April 2009 and ending March 2010. Limited assurance and an assurance report were provided by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
For the full report, which is available in both HTML format and a downloadable PDF document, visit http://www.experiancrreport.com.
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 90 countries. The company helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2010, was $3.9 billion. Experian employs approximately 15,000 people in 40 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; Costa Mesa, California; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Experian and the Experian marks used herein are service marks or registered trademarks of Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Experian Corporate Relations
1 714 830 7153
Available Topic Expert: For information on the listed expert, click appropriate link.