ARLINGTON, Va., March 28, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Air Force Association's brand new CyberFutures Conference and Technology Exposition is only a few days away, and there is no better time to register than now. Learn about the challenges the new domain of cyberspace brings to different sectors and organizations at this inaugural event, to be held March 31 – April 1, at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, just minutes from downtown D.C.
Themed "New Strategies for a New Domain," CyberFutures will focus on the challenges of developing and implementing effective cybersecurity policy and of applying technology in meeting those challenges. With featured speakers from government, defense, industry, and academia, the conference will be an energetic forum for discussion on the risks and vulnerabilities of operating in a cyber world full of hackers and technological complexities, and how to mitigate those risks.
- Lt Gen William Lord, Chief, Warfighting Integration and Chief Information Officer
- Maj Gen Edward Bolton, Director, Cyber and Space Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force
- Dr. Vinton Cerf, Chief Technology Advocate for Google
- Dr. Martin Libicki, RAND Corporation
- Melissa Hathaway, Senior Adviser to Project MINERVA based at the Harvard Kennedy School
- Greg Schaffer, Assistant Secretary of Cyber Security Communication for Department of Homeland Security
- Gordon Snow, Assistant Director of the FBI's Cyber Division
For a full list of speakers, go here.
AFA has also teamed up with RecruitMilitary to produce a career fair on April 1, where leading aerospace/defense firms will recruit for cyber tech openings. The career fair will be free, and open to all – veterans and non-veterans – who are interested in careers in cyber technology and related fields.
In conjunction with the conference, CyberPatriot III, AFA's national high school cyber defense competition, will be conducting its national championship round. After six exciting months of preliminary rounds, the competition will culminate on April 1 with an award banquet for top winners in each division.
For information on media registration, contact Merri Shaffer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.247.5847.
AFA is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization promoting public understanding of aerospace power and the pivotal role it plays in national security. AFA has more than 200 chapters nationally and internationally representing 125,000 members. Visit AFA at http://www.afa.org.
SOURCE Air Force Association