SAN FRANCISCO, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- exploreB2B, the B2B networking service, today announced that it has launched in the United States following rising international demand for the Berlin-based online social network. exploreB2B is the easiest and most efficient professional networking site that enables people to share ideas, find partners or future collaborators and utilize international talent and resources.
exploreB2B is the first content oriented business-to-business (B2B) social platform for professionals that allows users to share knowledge and write articles about their company, industry news or other ideas for collaboration, and enables users to develop a content-oriented B2B strategy that increases their position as an industry expert.
- Funding: exploreB2B launches in the U.S. just six months after closing an investment round from the Investment Bank of Berlin (IBB).
- Industry intelligence: exploreB2B is a free, innovative social network to establish business contacts. The service enables users to submit articles, which companies and other users can search by category and read and comment.
- Establish thought leadership: Members can use exploreB2B to write articles displaying knowledge of new products, services or relevant industry ideas, and use exploreB2B's Project Board to post individual assignments and utilize the platform's crowdsourcing feature.
- New features: Brand new features include network analyses, enabling users to gain deeper insight into their selected content and topics in order to better target their desired audience. Users can now analyze the origin and interests of their followers, and assess the readers of their articles.
"There is vast opportunity in the U.S. because until now, no other social network – professional or personal – has enabled companies and individuals to quickly and easily find the most relevant industry information, while offering a 'blog-like' article structure and ability to do business on the platform. exploreB2B makes B2B social media smarter and more efficient."
- Jonathan Gebauer, exploreB2B co-founder and CEO
"Professionals need quick access to industry content, the ability to find thought leaders and the opportunity to publish their expertise. Unlike LinkedIn, we make it easy to get continuous industry insight, rather than joining dozens of groups. Our structured platform eliminates the problem we see with Quora in that it strictly focuses on questions and answers in an organized, short-form layout."
- Susanna Gebauer, exploreB2B co-founder and CEO
exploreB2B was founded in 2010 by siblings Jonathan Gebauer and Dr. Susanna Gebauer. Since November 2010, a beta-version of the platform has been open for public use for German speaking users. In October 2011, the startup closed a financial round with the Program for Research, Innovation and Technology (ProFIT), by the Investitionsbank Berlin (IBB), allowing them to expand their market and user base to an international audience. Usage of the basic platform's functions is free. Additional premium functions are currently being released for test use, and can be found at www.exploreb2b.com.