SAN JOSE, Calif., July 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) today announced enhancements to its Extreme Partner Network (EPN) program to offer new incentives that increase profitability and simplify the way Extreme's channel partners do business. The evolution of the EPN is designed to enable and reward eligible channel partners through new solution-selling, new customer acquisition and wireless specialization rebates in addition to deal registration programs and training.
As a channel-focused organization, the enhancements reflect the company's continued efforts to deliver greater differentiated value and exceptional customer experiences through holistic program offerings, previously introduced within the FY16 partner program. The updated program aligns with the overall company go-to-market strategy focused on driving growth through solution selling. Partners' investments in selling Extreme solutions across all product families is directed to yield greater profitability based on the latest FY17 EPN incentives.
- Solutions rebates for ExtremeManagement™, ExtremeControl™, ExtremeAnalytics™ and ExtremeWireless™. Extreme is increasing rebates for wireless sales, including a possible 50 percent rebate increase for qualifying Wireless Specialized Partner selling ExtremeWireless products.
- Enhanced Extreme Development Funds (EDF) accrual model brings increased predictability to EDF and ease of upfront marketing planning for qualifying partners.
- New deal registration program offers the ability to receive fixed upfront discounts for new Extreme-approved customer deal registrations, increased price protection and a new tool to increase partner visibility. Additionally, eligible channel partners now have access to the new accounts rebate promotion, which applies for Extreme-approved net new customer closed deal registrations.
- Eligibility for the solutions rebate program is now available for gold level partners, in addition to prior eligibility offered to Extreme's platinum and diamond level channel partners. Gold and other qualified partner levels are also now able to apply for strategic EDF funds for high ROI initiatives.
- A new service maintenance growth rebate is now available for new as well as renewed maintenance agreements for qualified partners.
- New training-as-a-service and self-paced training models will be available to qualified partners in Q2 of FY17.
Extreme Networks is highlighting the new FY17 EPN program at its Global Partner Summit, taking place Oct. 24-27, 2016 in Orlando, FL, where over 400 strategic solution providers from 50 countries will be in attendance to discuss Extreme's partner strategy and enablement program.
Bob Gault, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales, Services and Channels, Extreme Networks
"I'm ecstatic to introduce the next evolution of the Extreme Partner Network which is centered on our mission to expand our growth of solutions software and the overall global partner ecosystem. Our partners are critical to Extreme's position in the industry and their dedication validates the success of our go-to-market strategy and leadership in the mid-market enterprise. With the rollout of the new Wireless Specialization Program in March 2016 that acknowledges partner skills and expertise, the EPN is a further extension of our commitment to reward and incentivize partner success and these new programs will capitalize on their investments well into the future."
Gordon Mackintosh, Senior Director of Worldwide Partner Program and Sales Business Development, Extreme Networks
"Since joining the Extreme team earlier this year, I've been focused on listening to our partners and building enhancements to the EPN program which will make it even easier and more rewarding to partner with Extreme. The new enhancements will create the most advantageous and rewarding opportunities for partners who focus on growth and selling overall Extreme solutions. The updated program will also allow partners to create new revenue streams that guarantee differentiation, including the introduction of the ExtremeCloud™ solution selling strategy."
Tom McDougall, President and CEO, High Point Networks
"A key component to our growth is strategic and effective marketing. The decision to give partners more predictability in EDF will allow us to plan and align with Extreme's go-to-market strategy."
Jeremy Waldroop, President, Personal Computer Systems, Inc.
"Extreme's strong focus on solutions selling paired with their announcement of specialization programs enables and allows us to differentiate and better position our company in the marketplace."
- Extreme Networks Wireless Specialization Program Press Release
- Extreme Networks Partner Program Homepage
- ExtremeWorks Managed Services Homepage
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to datacenter, we go to extreme measures for our 20,000-plus customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced call-in technical support to organizations large and small, including some of the world's leading names in business, education, government, healthcare, manufacturing and hospitality. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo, ExtremeManagement, ExtremeControl, ExtremeAnalytics, ExtremeWireless, and ExtremeCloud are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to the features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks that are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/.
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.