Extreme Networks Expands Classroom Solutions
Schools Increasingly Rely on Connectivity Solutions with Policy and Analytics to Implement Personalized Learning and BYOD Initiatives
Jun 30, 2015, 09:00 ET
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) today announced new customers and increased adoption of its connectivity solutions in the K-12 education market. With the recent overhaul of the E-rate program, reliable Internet access is a national priority for today's schools. In addition to equipping school districts across the country with reliable Wi-Fi access, Extreme Networks is helping education IT administrators improve network access, bandwidth control, application connectivity and analytics with its solutions platform. Extreme Networks' connectivity solutions provide affordable Internet access and world-class features to teachers, students and administrators. These solutions will be showcased at ISTE 2015 this week, where attendees can hear more about the company's solutions and industry trends at booth #2528.
Customer & Program Highlights
- Hardin County School District in Kentucky will use Extreme's infrastructure and analytics technology to better manage its network, gain insight into users' applications and network behavior and provide easy network access to any mobile device for its 16,000 users.
- To support collaboration and personalized learning, the Stonington Public School District needed to meet the mobile needs of 3,000 users across six schools and seven buildings in Connecticut. The District chose Extreme to deploy an enterprise wireless network that would allow them to roll out BYOD, deploy a virtual desktop infrastructure and manage the entire infrastructure from a single screen.
- Google Chromebooks have been embraced rapidly as students' device of choice in the classroom. Using Extreme's infrastructure, school districts nationwide have been deploying Chromebooks to enable personalized learning, increase collaboration and to help facilitate online testing.
- Extreme's strategic relationship with the Pro Football Hall of Fame (PFHOF) continues to expand. Powered by Extreme, the Heart of a Hall of Famer series allows students to hear directly from Hall of Fame players about how to achieve success on and off the field.
Jason Jones, Director of Technology, Stonington Public Schools
"As a district, we are committed to leveraging technology to develop and improve student learning, and prepare our students for today's technical workforce. There was an urgent need to provide our users with a reliable, high-performance enterprise wireless environment. By leveraging Extreme Networks' technology, not only have we implemented an entire wireless network that supports BYOD, but we've also deployed a virtual desktop infrastructure that allows our IT team to centrally manage the entire network from a single screen."
Steve Boone, Network Administrator & Computer Operations Manager, Hardin County School District
"Our district required infrastructure and analytics technology to support the needs of our students, teachers and IT staff. Partnering with Extreme Networks gave us seamless, secure wireless access that allowed us to roll-out a BYOD initiative and provide easy network access to all types of devices, while simultaneously preserving network security and protecting the privacy and safety of all students."
Jonathan Kidwell, Director of Education, Extreme Networks
"Wi-Fi access is no longer a nicety; it's a necessity. Providing students with 21st century educational tools and the power of wireless-enabled digital learning tools cannot be overlooked. As educators nationwide come together to close the Wi-Fi gap in America's schools, we're proud to be teaming with leading school districts across the globe to give them the tools their students need to succeed."
- ISTE 2015 Blog Post
- Extreme Networks K-12 Solutions
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) is a software and services-led networking solutions' company committed to solving IT's toughest networking challenges. Extreme Networks is headquartered in San Jose, CA with more than 14,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit Extreme's website.
Extreme Networks and the Extreme Networks logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to the features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks that are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140602/93419
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.
Share this article