SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced the introduction of the Industrial Series Switches further enhancing the ExtremeSwitching™ line of products and rounding out the company's end-to-end, software-driven wired and wireless offerings for campus enterprises. The Industrial Ethernet Switches are designed to provide continuous uptime, manageability, efficiency, and high performance in the harshest operating environments.
Extreme industrial switches are ideal for manufacturing, surveillance, intelligent transportation systems, utilities and smart city applications. The industrial switches are fully managed and support a full feature set including IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at Power over Ethernet for IP cameras and wireless access points, highly resilient topology options, including fast failover rings, and comprehensive IP multicast support for demanding video applications.
- Rugged Design- The industrial switch family supports an operating temperature range of -40°C to 75°C in a fanless IP30 metal enclosure allowing deployment in the harshest environments
- High Performance PoE– All models support high power 802.3af and 802.3at POE+ required for supporting advanced IP surveillance cameras, next generation wireless LAN Access Points, and sensors
- Flexible Form Factors – Supporting a wide variety of industrial applications and requirements, the ISW-Series is offered in DIN Rail or wall mounted 8 and 12 port models for both 10/100 and 10/100/1000 applications, and all models support multiple 1Gbps modular uplinks to support high bandwidth environments
- Advanced Feature Set – Designed for maximum resiliency, security, and manageability the Industrial Switch family provides a full complement of features in the industrial optimized embedded software including rapid recovery ring and mesh topologies that seamlessly integrate with EXOS based ExtremeSwitching products, granular device and user authentication, and granular PoE controls for critical infrastructure
Chantal Polsonetti, Vice President, ARC Advisory Group
"With this announcement, Extreme is providing its customers with a versatile solution that creates intelligent networks with high availability coupled with industry standard technologies. Customers will also gain access to Extreme's global presence and expertise as well as the ExtremeManagement™ family of management and security solutions."
Eric Broockman, CTO and EVP of Engineering, Extreme Networks
"In today's diverse industrial landscape, Extreme recognized the need for a solution that meets unique product requirements and certifications beyond operating temperature. With the growth of smart city technology, advanced surveillance and intelligent transportation systems, our family of switches provides a resilient and powerful solution that is optimized for industrial environments."
- ExtremeSwitching Product Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to datacenter, on premise or through the cloud, we go to extreme measures for our 20,000-plus customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced call-in technical support to organizations large and small, including some of the world's leading names in business, education, government, healthcare, manufacturing and hospitality. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo and ExtremeSwitching are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to the features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks that are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-introduces-industrial-switches-to-deliver-operational-simplicity-and-maximum-uptime-in-the-most-demanding-environments-300311529.html
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.