SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced a powerful collection of iPad applications that extend the company's commitment to delivering the most simplified and rewarding customer experience.
Extreme Networks is unleashing the potential of the world's leading Internet connected tablet, the Apple iPad, predicted to reach 35 million units sold annually by 2013(1), with its Mobile Application Portfolio that quickly and easily connects mobile administrators to valuable resources. With this new suite of applications, Extreme Networks offers direct access to the customer support processes, high value educational resources, including product documentation and training courses, and essential and powerful infrastructure management tools that provide an extensive view into the health of the network.
Extreme Networks Mobile Application Portfolio includes extremeSupport, extremeMonitor, PSP AlertWorks, extremeEDU, and Extreme Networks' already popular eToggle™ application.
"Extreme Networks empowers customers to take control of their experience through our powerful Mobile Application Portfolio that provides the access, control and information they desire," said Mike Seaton, senior vice president of worldwide sales and services for Extreme Networks. "With the most beneficial functionality extended to the popular iPad, instant and detailed information, from customer support to control of the network, is brought to mobile users and administrators, helping monitor the network to maintain peak performance while saving time and costs."
Extreme Networks Mobile Application Portfolio, available for download on the Apple iTunes Store®, directly links iPad users to Extreme Networks global service and support organization, enabling the tracking of service requests and warranty status, and making available education resources, including guides and multimedia training. Extreme Networks Mobile Application Portfolio also provides management tools that offer functionality essential to maintain daily operations, such as port monitoring and bandwidth utilization, in real time.
Extreme Networks Mobile Application Portfolio:
- extremeMonitor – extremeMonitor allows administrators to check the status and operation of Extreme Networks Ethernet switches, delivering control and convenience to the network support and operations teams. Administrators can check the status and temperature of a switch, view active ports and port statistics, and see statistics in a graphical format.
- PSP AlertWorks – Extreme Networks PSP (Premier Services Program) allows program subscribers to gain remote access to their accounts. Through the iPad interface, users can view top network talkers, monitor bandwidth utilization, and access a subset of the most popular reports available in the full-featured Web-based version of PSP AlertWorks.
- eToggle™ – Allows users to easily enable and disable ports on their Extreme Networks Ethernet switches providing increased security within the Enterprise.
- extremeSupport – extremeSupport allows administrators to easily track and submit service requests through the Extreme Networks online support system.
- extremeEDU – Extreme Networks education and training materials are now available via the extremeEDU application, which allows users to view Extreme Networks technical product documentation, and media rich training courses.
Extreme Networks Mobile Application Portfolio is available for download on the Apple iTunes Store® at no cost to Extreme Networks customers and channel partners.
(1) Trefis, January, 2011: Executing on iPhone and iPad strategy in 2011
Extreme Networks, Inc.
Extreme Networks provides converged Ethernet network infrastructures that support data, voice and video for enterprises and service providers. The company's network solutions feature high performance, high availability and scalable switching solutions that enable organizations to address real-world communications challenges and opportunities. Operating in more than 50 countries, Extreme Networks provides wired and wireless secure LANs, data center infrastructure and Service Provider Ethernet transport solutions that are complemented by global, 24x7 service and support. For more information, visit: http://www.extremenetworks.com/go/mobile
Extreme Networks and eToggle are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iTunes and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to features and benefits of Extreme Networks applications and products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks which are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.