SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- IT managers are in need of an easier and faster way to manage the 8.4 billion connected devices expected to overload networks with data this year, according to Gartner. To address the time constraints and resources spent on managing complex networks, Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) today announced the launch of Extreme Automated Campus™, a cost-effective alternative to outdated traditional networking solutions that delivers plug-and-play simplicity and true business agility. The solution comes within just two months of Extreme closing on its acquisition of Avaya's networking business, and combines Avaya's field-proven Fabric Connect infrastructure, Extreme's industry-leading Extreme Management Center ™ and Extreme's top-ranked support services to eliminate networking complexity, increase security and deliver increased visibility into the network.
Now with over 1,500 unique deployments, spanning every industry, Fabric Connect has been proven to deliver 11x faster time to service, 7x faster mean time to repair and provide a 100% reduction in outages as a result of human error, according to Fabric Connect Customer Experience Research Report. With this announcement, Extreme wired and wireless edge products have been integrated into the Fabric Connect architecture, giving customers greater choice on how they evolve their network edge. Additionally, Avaya's networking portfolio has been integrated into Extreme Management Center, bringing a unique 360-degree view of the network, users, devices and applications for actionable business insights.
Also available are two new fabric enabled hardware platforms for high performance 10/40/100 Gigabits per second aggregation and core networking. The first is the VSP 8600, an innovative small 7RU form factor core chassis with over 21 Tbps of switching capacity. The other is the VSP 8404C, a 2RU modular core form factor with four pluggable slots providing for highly flexible deployment options. Finally, to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, the end-to-end solution is supported by Extreme's top-ranked services and support organization.
- The enterprise market's only fully-automated end-to-end campus solution: Extreme is introducing a consistent policy-based, fabric-enabled architecture extending from core to wired/ wireless edge – enabling true dynamic services through a suite of zero-touch policy and networking features.
- Enhanced security through frictionless hyper-segments: Extreme's Automated Campus leverages hyper-segments – which contain breaches and isolate and protect critical applications, information or users – for heightened security. These hyper-segments can be implemented with greater ease and far greater scale than traditional networking technologies. Centralized, intuitive, role-based policies control user and device access to hyper-segments.
- 360-degree visibility: Extreme's Automated Campus solution is unique in its ability to provide a true 360-degree view of the network (wired and wireless), users, devices and applications – with context and scale – through integrated management, analytics and policy. IT managers can create centralized policies for as many as 200,000 users and devices and gain actionable insights with customizable signature sets for more than 7,000 applications. Additionally, through open APIs, Extreme Management Center integrates with third party solution providers so that customers can orchestrate workflows based on third party alerts, providing a holistic and programmable solution.
- First-person resolution: Underlying the end-to-end solution is Extreme's top-ranked 100% in-sourced support and services, according to Gartner's Peer Insights, with a first-person resolution rate of over 90 percent.
Dan Dulac, Vice President, Product Management & Solution Strategy, Extreme Networks, Inc.
"When we acquired Avaya's networking business, we promised to deliver a stronger combined value proposition that leveraged each company's core strengths that would best serve customers. The introduction of our first integrated solution delivers on this promise just two short months following the close of the acquisition. We developed Extreme Automated Campus to give both Avaya and Extreme customers the best of both worlds by providing a leading end-to-end software-driven solution from the core to the wired /wireless edge – and in this case, an automated, secure, policy-enabled campus architecture that is easy to manage."
Craig Mathias, Principal, Farpoint Group
"Traditional networks are often very complex to manage and can waste the already constrained time and resources of IT and network managers and operations staff. Extreme Automated Campus puts organizational goals first with simplified network management. This launch also reflects Extreme's remarkable progress in integrating Avaya's products and technology into their already-impressive products and services portfolio. We expect Extreme to continue to grow market share and advance their newly-minted position as the third largest vendor in the networking industry."
Mark Starry, CTO, Concord Hospital
"We consider the network in the same critical category as electricity, oxygen and water. It needs to be available 24x365. Fabric Connect has provided us with a secure, self-healing, highly available network that enables us to serve our patients effectively in our complex paperless environment. We are looking forward to the latest innovations from Extreme, namely the VSP 8600 and Extreme Management Center, in order to increase capacity and scale within our core and to provide increased control, visibility and management of the end-to-end network."
David Raftery, Managing Partner, Integration Partners Corporation
"As a long standing Avaya partner, we were excited to learn that a quick integration and seamless transition for legacy partners were top priorities for Extreme. The Automated Campus demonstrates how Extreme's existing and acquired technology truly complement each other. By combining the best of both portfolios, we're confident that Extreme's Automated Campus will bring our customers the security, visibility and simplicity they need to successfully manage their networks."
- Extreme Automated Campus Product Page
- Webinar: A Practical Approach to Bringing Automation, Security & Efficiency to Your Network
- Extreme: The New Triple Threat Blog
- Automated Campus Solution Video
- Avaya Fabric Connect Product Page
- ExtremeManagement Product Page
- Extreme Management Center 8.0 Press Release
- VSP 8000 Series Data Sheet
- Extreme Acquisitions & Integrations Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Forward Looking Statements:
Statements in this release, including those concerning the Company's ability to integrate Avaya, Inc. and Extreme Networks, Inc. solutions to deliver an automated campus architecture that eliminates networking complexity, increases agility, augments network security and optimizes end users' quality of experience are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including: the effectiveness of our solutions as compared with our customers' needs; a highly competitive business environment for network switching and software equipment; the possibility that we might experience delays in the development or introduction of new technology and products; customer response to our new technology and products; and a dependency on third parties for certain components and for the manufacturing of our products.
More information about potential factors that could affect the Company's business and financial results is included in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, under the captions: "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," and "Risk Factors". Except as required under the U.S. federal securities laws and the rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Extreme Networks disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this release, whether as a result of new information, future events, developments, changes in assumptions or otherwise.
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to data center, on premise or through the cloud, we go to extreme measures for our customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced call-in technical support to organizations large and small, including some of the world's leading names in business, hospitality, retail, transportation and logistics, education, government, healthcare and manufacturing. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks, ExtremeWireless, ExtremeManagement, ExtremeAnalytics, Extreme Automated Campus and the Extreme Networks logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-launches-industrys-first-fully-automated-secure-networking-solution-for-campus-environments-300518494.html
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.