SAN JOSE, Calif., July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As the Official Wi-Fi Analytics Provider of the National Football League (NFL), Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR), is a proven leader in providing the world's leading sports franchises with visibility into network usage that can be utilized to better engage with fans. As expectations of 21st century's fans continue to evolve, fans have grown to expect a high quality network experience upon entering a venue. Through several strong relationships with a number of NFL teams, Extreme Networks' technology is helping sports organizations as well as stadiums around the country to meet these demands and enhance the in-stadium experience for fans.
At the Sports & Entertainment Alliance in Technology (SEAT) 2014 Conference, a leading sports executive conference primarily focused on technology systems, Extreme Networks will host sessions with leaders pushing the use of cutting-edge stadium technology to showcase the impact of Wi-Fi analytics and big data on the fan experience and in-person technology engagement of fans at games.
SEAT 2014 Miami; Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Miami, FL
July 20 – 22, 2014
Extreme Networks will team up with the National Football League and the New England Patriots to demonstrate: (i) how to cut through the hype around big data and Wi-Fi analytics; (ii) the impact of real-time Wi-Fi analytics on the fan experience; and (iii) best practice pointers and lessons for creating a great experience for fans.
- Fred Kirsch, publisher & VP of content, New England Patriots and panel members from Major League Soccer, Arsenal Football Club, Winners and Vision Critical – Leveraging Analytics & Big Data as an Organizational Tool for Success
- Sunday, July 20 at 12:30 p.m.
- Fred Kirsch, publisher & VP of content, New England Patriots & John Brams, director sports and entertainment, Extreme Networks – Pervasive Wi-Fi Delivers Unique Game Day Fan Experience: A Case Study
- Monday, July 21 at 2 p.m.
- Michelle McKenna-Doyle, CIO, National Football League and panel members from Pac-12-Conference, New England Patriots, San Francisco Giants, ESPN and Experience – The Tri-Fecta – Technology, Digital & Fan Engagement
- Tuesday, July 22 at 9 a.m.
- Extreme Networks SEAT Event Page
- "Understanding the Expectations of the 21st Century Fan" Blog Post
- New England Patriots Case Study
- Extreme Networks Named Official Wi-Fi Analytics Provider of the National Football League Press Release
- Extreme Networks Sports & Entertainment Webpage
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) is setting a new standard for superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and market leading service and support. The company delivers high-performance switching and routing products for data center and core-to-edge networks, wired/wireless LAN access, and unified network management and control. Our award-winning solutions include software-defined networking (SDN), cloud and high-density Wi-Fi, BYOD and enterprise mobility, identity access management and security. Extreme Networks is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has more than 12,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com.
Extreme Networks and the Extreme Networks logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to the features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks that are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov.
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.