SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) today announced it has expanded its wireless portfolio with high-density 802.11ac Wave 2 access points (APs) to address the network demands driven by mobility, smart devices and the rapidly expanding wireless enabled internet of things (IoT). Using Extreme's unique flow-based technology, the new access points deliver location based application analytics while also providing the upgraded speed, additional capacity and enhanced security available through 802.11ac Wave 2 technology. Extreme's end-to-end portfolio of wireless, wired, software and security solutions allows organizations to pair unified high-density switching with Wave 2 APs to unlock the total capabilities offered by the 802.11ac technology standard, and meet the needs of a diverse and rapidly increasing number of users, devices and applications.
- Flow-based AP Technology – Extreme's newest flow-based access points are built on over a decade of proven flow-based switching experience. Application flow processing embedded natively in the APs provides real-time visibility of mobile application usage, network response times and application response times without sacrificing performance to thousands of applications. The combined solution of ExtremeWireless and ExtremeAnalytics extends application visibility and control all the way to the wireless edge, providing even higher levels of security and control of network resources than previously possible.
- Indoor & Outdoor APs – The ExtremeWireless AP3935i/e Indoor and AP3965i/e Outdoor access points deliver exceptional performance and higher speeds via dual Gigabit Ethernet ports to provide greater connectivity for more users and devices with higher resiliency. The Outdoor AP is also available with an indoor or outdoor antenna configuration for increased flexibility.
- MU-MIMO – ExtremeWireless 802.11ac Wave 2 access points provide multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology and may deliver an increase of up to 20 percent more packet processing power and up to a 50 percent increase in overall throughput than previous generations. This allows the network to provide a consistent experience to more concurrent users and devices for high-density BYOD and IoT deployments.
- Voice over WLAN – Grants mobile customers the ability to utilize the WLAN for voice services.
- HotSpot 2.0 – Allows for seamless and secure roaming and data off-loading between Cellular and Wi-Fi networks, ideal for high-density environments such as college campuses, hospitality, stadiums and venues.
Nolan Greene, Research Analyst, IDC "Extreme's Wave 2 offering bolsters an already strongly integrated wired and wireless LAN solution. It will give Extreme customers in healthcare, education, manufacturing and entertainment a way to unify their network for management, potentially bringing about improved performance and streamlined network operations. ExtremeAnalytics is also enabled for the Wave 2 Access Point allowing customers to analyze performance across the entire network."
Jon Linton, CWNE #89, Senior Wireless Architect, Henry Ford Health System "Medical device safety is a huge concern for hospitals, but due to our partnership with Extreme, we are able to provide clinical-grade application intelligence while maintaining the performance required to support the diversity of IoT devices in our facilities. Extreme's Wave 2 wireless will deliver increased medical device connectivity to help us improve the satisfaction of not only our doctors, nurses and staff, but most importantly our patients."
David Wheat, Chief Administrative Officer, Buffalo Bills "Nothing is more exciting than game day, and with the help of Extreme's new wireless solutions, we are able to provide high-density Wi-Fi access and performance at our stadium, which dramatically enhances our fans' connectivity and overall experience. Our partnership with Extreme demonstrates their commitment to helping the NFL and organizations of all shapes and sizes to better meet the growing demands of today's connected generation."
Jeff Crawford, Manager of Networking & Security, East Grand Rapids Public Schools "We are pleased to work with a company that recognizes the needs of our teaching staff, while providing state-of-the-art wired and wireless solutions. By implementing Extreme's indoor access points and flow based analytics tools like ExtremeAnalytics, we are able to better serve our students and provide them with the tools necessary to succeed."
Eric Broockman, CTO and EVP of Engineering, Extreme Networks "Organizations of all kinds, from education to healthcare to hospitality and general enterprise, are putting increasing demands on their wireless access networks. Extreme's software driven networking solutions are focused on tapping into the technical potential of 802.11ac Wave 2 to deliver measurable business results based upon our uniquely scalable flow based AP architecture. We foresee delivering superior voice over WLAN, best-in-class video learning in classrooms, highly scalable application identification, Hotspot 2.0 data offloading and higher spatial capacity for high density environments and venues as just some of the many benefits for customers to move up and future proof with 802.11ac Wave 2."
- ExtremeWireless Solutions
- ExtremeAnalytics Solutions
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Extreme Networks Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to datacenter, we go to extreme measures for our 20,000-plus customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced support to organizations large and small, including some of the world's leading names in business, education, government, healthcare, manufacturing and hospitality. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo, ExtremeWireless, and ExtremeAnalytics are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to the features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks that are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/.
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.