EASTON, Md., Aug. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- hotDesks, a network of coworking spaces on Maryland's Eastern Shore, has announced the F³ Tech Business Accelerator Program. This program gives entrepreneurs and startup companies working in the fields of agriculture, seafood, and environmental technology the opportunity to benefit from five months of mentoring, training, and support. We propel them from idea to commercialization of a product or service.
This is the program's first year and will prepare participating startups for investment. F³ Tech is the only business accelerator program in Maryland dedicated to advancing innovations and technologies in resource-based industries such as agriculture, aquaculture, forestry, bioenergy, and the environment.
The Accelerator program will be held from September 2016 through January 2017. Five startup companies will be accepted into the F³ Tech program. Applications must be completed online (F3Tech.org) by September 6, 2016. It includes the following:
- ShoreVenture – 7 week entrepreneurship training program targeted at innovative entrepreneurs and tech businesses,
- Business Model Mapping – 5 week program that helps a startup build and refine its Business Model and Value Proposition, and
- PerfectPitch – 3 week program that helps startups create investor decks and improve their presentation skills.
Additional Benefits include:
- Free membership to the hotDesks network of coworking spaces and its community of entrepreneurs, mentors, coaches, and investors,
- An assigned mentor and coach,
- $5,000 in seed funding,
- Access to appropriate subject matter experts and business throughout the Eastern Shore, and
- Plans include one startup will advance to AccelerateBaltimore and receive $25,000 in seed funds with the possibility of an additional $100,000 at the end of the program.
"hotDesks' previous six-week mini-accelerator program set the bar high for a more comprehensive and expanded program. Three of the five participating startup teams raised more than $400,000 within months of the program's conclusion," said hotDesks executive director Mike Thielke.
hotDesks is a part of the Eastern Shore Entrepreneurship Center, a private sector nonprofit organization that serves the needs of high-growth, innovative, and scalable startups and businesses. hotDesks has locations in Cambridge, Easton, Pocomoke, and Salisbury with reciprocity at other coworking spaces and incubators throughout Maryland. To learn more about F³ Tech, or to apply to be one of the startup companies in the program, visit F3Tech.org.
MEDIA CONTACT: Mike Thielke
hotDesks, executive director