ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Aug. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Sling TV and Cesar Millan, widely known as "The Dog Whisperer," today launched a dog-friendly on-demand lineup with programming that caters exclusively to dogs, just in time for National Dog Day on Aug. 26. Now available on the "My TV" screen, dogs and their pet parents can access a featured list, "Shows Your Dog Will Love – Picked by Cesar Millan," through Aug. 28, which features content chosen by Cesar Millan based on his extensive experience in dog psychology.
"In spending my life studying and caring for dogs, I know that it's important for our best pet friends to be active and get exercise, but it is equally important for them to spend time relaxing, and many of us know they love to watch TV," said Cesar Millan, dog behaviorist. "It has been a pleasure to work with Sling TV to create a collection of programming for the 'Shows Your Dog Will Love' on-demand lineup based on distinct characteristics that dogs look for in a TV show that will capture their attention. In celebration of this year's National Dog Day, Sling TV viewers can check out the lineup and spend quality bonding time Slinging TV with their dogs."
"We are always looking for ways to celebrate our customers, which doesn't just mean people – it includes their furry friends too," said Ankit Bishnoi, vice president of Content Acquisition and Strategy at Sling TV. "In celebration of National Dog Day, we knew we had to team up with the most highly-regarded dog behaviorist, Cesar Millan, to offer something no other live streaming TV service has done before – a curated list of on-demand dog-friendly shows that are great for everyone in the household enabling us to engage with even more consumers to show the value and convenience of Sling TV."
Cesar Millan's Top Picks for Dog-friendly TV
With over 25 years of canine experience, Cesar Millan is most known for his unmatched ability to understand, rehabilitate and train dogs, which led him to Emmy-nominated TV shows, best-selling books and more. When it comes to dogs and TV, Cesar offers the below advice, specifically noting that shows with the following traits appeal most to dogs:
- Nature: Outdoor programming has the tendency to offer a neutral, calm narrating voice, visually conducive colors for dogs, and soothing nature sounds such as waterfalls, birds and other animals that dogs really enjoy watching after a long extensive bonding walk with their pet parents.
- Sports: Sports allow dogs to feel the excitement and adrenaline of their pet parents. Dogs tend to mirror the energy of their pet parents, so they participate genuinely in the excitement that is in the room, and it becomes a big family cheerleading squad.
- Dogs: Shows featuring other dogs are optimal for capturing dogs' attentions. Dogs are nose-eyes-ears, but pet parents do not exercise the nose of a dog, so the strongest senses for modern dogs today are eyes and ears (sight and sound). TV becomes interesting and realistic since dogs cannot rationalize the difference between what is on the screen and what is in real life, so dogs on TV become real life playmates.
- Action: Fast-paced action shows or movies can desensitize a dog from loud sounds or sudden movements. Hearing these types of sounds in high-paced, adrenaline filled action shows, in the safe environment of their home with their trusted pet parent, can result in them transferring that calm and safe behavior anytime they hear similar sounds or movements. Because dogs have a great sense of sound, pet parents should remember to be gentle with their dogs and adjust volume accordingly.
- Music: The term "music to my ears" also applies to dogs. Music creates a specific wavelength that can cause calmness, excitement, sadness and other emotions that dogs can experience. Music programming that is soothing and calming to induce relaxation in the home is always an ideal atmosphere to create for dogs. Pet parents can consider taking their dogs for a long walk and then rewarding him or her with a relaxing music show or film.
Based on the above recommended traits from Cesar Millan, Sling TV pet parents can enjoy more than 45 shows and movies in the curated ribbon on My TV, including popular hits like:
- Rocky Mountain Animal Rescue
- Jurassic World
- X Games
- BRITs Icon: Elton John
For a limited time, current Sling Orange and/or Sling Blue customers as well as returning Sling Orange and/or Sling Blue customers can stream shows their dogs will love from the My TV screen, at no additional cost. New customers can sign up for a 7-day free trial of Sling Orange and/or Sling Blue services to also view Cesar Millan's curated ribbon, at no cost.
For more information on Cesar Millan and his activation with Sling TV, visit the Sling TV blog.
About Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides over-the-top television services, including general market, Latino and International live and on-demand programming. Sling TV is America's number one live TV streaming service, based on the number of subscribers publicly reported as of Aug. 3, 2018. It is available on smart televisions, tablets, game consoles, computers, smartphones and other streaming devices. Sling TV offers two domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 150 channels and programming content from Disney/ESPN (Sling Orange/single-stream only), Fox (Sling Blue/multi-stream), NBC (Sling Blue/multi-stream), NFL Network (Sling Blue/multi-stream), NBA TV, NHL Network, Pac-12 Networks, HBO®, SHOWTIME, STARZ, AMC, A&E, Turner, Scripps, GSN, Hallmark, Viacom, EPIX and AXS. On select devices, Sling TV offers returning customers access to free content, à la carte channels and services, plus transactional live events and movies on-demand, without requiring a base subscription. Additionally, Sling TV offers a suite of standalone and add-on Spanish-language services and packages tailored to English-dominant, bilingual and Spanish-dominant U.S. households. Sling TV also provides more than 300 channels in 22 languages across multiple devices to U.S. households. Visit www.sling.com.
SOURCE Sling TV L.L.C.