LAKE MARY, Fla., Feb. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO® (NASDAQ: FARO), the world's most trusted source for imaging for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for 3D manufacturing and construction BIM, announces the release of the advanced BuildIT 2019 software suite. BuildIT 2019 represents the logical evolution of the industry-proven BuildIT platform, which has provided exceptional value across a variety of industries. It offers three individual products each specifically designed for the most challenging quality inspection, manufacturing and assembly or construction applications. Each product includes the most flexible and intuitive user interface in the industry.
While the BuildIT 2019 solution suite is tightly integrated with FARO hardware products to enable a best-in-class FARO solution experience, it also enables consistent, high-quality outcomes for non-FARO hardware products.
BuildIT Metrology 2019 (https://www.faro.com/faro-buildit-metrology/)
BuildIT Metrology 2019 elevates the standard for workflow optimization and productivity for alignment, inspection, and build applications by incorporating key customer learnings from the previous generation that include:
- Point cloud alignment and registration up to 10 times faster and file size reduction for analyses by up to 70%
- Improved robustness of GD&T evaluation using feature-specific extraction settings for analysis
- Dynamic reporting that automatically pre-populates analysis reports and reduces report preparation time.
- Advanced automation capabilities for creating repeatable, guided, automated workflows
BuildIT Projector 2019 (https://www.faro.com/faro-buildit-projector/)
BuildIT Projector 2019 allows manufacturers to plan and operate imaging laser projection and verification workflows to improve the quality and speed of assembly processes. Together with the FARO TracerSI Imaging Laser Projector, it is a core component of the first and only all-in-one solution for laser-assisted templating and verification.
Included standard in the first generation were groundbreaking features as In-Process Verification, Feature-Based Alignment, and Foreign Object & Debris Detection. BuildIT Projector 2019 enhances these features to create a completely new, operator-friendly paradigm that includes:
- Report generation that clearly identifies completed tasks and the results of In-Process Verification.
- Automatic re-alignment of the laser projector where BuildIT Projector detects that the base part has moved
- A more intuitive user experience through a variety of enhancements including setup and operation through a joystick controller
BuildIT Construction 2019 (https://www.faro.com/faro-buildit-construction/)
The previous generation version of BuildIT was the first consolidated software and hardware solution designed from the ground up as an end-to-end, fully integrated Building Lifecycle Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) management tool. BuildIT 2019 offers a unique set of value added enhancements that include:
- A comprehensive Tank Analysis Package to determine and identify critical issues in the plant facility that support faster modification and renovation
- Significant reduction in on-site cycle time from laser scan projection data preparation to 3D visualization
- Streamlined raw scan import process with Scan Import feature that automatically detects targets and facilitates faster alignment with the software
- Numerous other workflow efficiency improvements that include file size reduction, faster rendering and clipping box functionality
"We are in the business of making best-in-class software that enables best-in-class solutions" stated Vito Marone Senior Director 3D Solutions. "The entire BuildIT suite is leveraged from our cutting-edge 3D metrology capability derived from 20 years of proven expertise in delivering best-in-class measurement solutions to the manufacturing industry. As such, BuildIT 2019 is central for both our customers and users of other hardware products to derive the highest level of performance that the hardware itself supports".
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- 3D Manufacturing - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- 3D Design - Capture and edit 3D shapes of products, people, and/or environments for design purposes in product development, computer graphics and dental and medical applications
- Photonics - Develop and market galvanometer-based laser measurement products and solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017 and in Part II, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
SOURCE FARO Technologies, Inc.