LAKE MARY, Fla., Feb. 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO® (NASDAQ: FARO), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for 3D design announces immediate availability of FARO RevEngTM. This advanced software platform provides FARO Design ScanArm and FARO 8-Axis FaroArm® system users with a powerful tool that enables a comprehensive digital design experience (https://www.faro.com/reveng). RevEngTM addresses a variety of reverse engineering and design challenges across a range of industries including Automotive Aftermarket, Research & Development, Heritage Preservation, Industrial Machinery, Engineering Services and Computer Graphics.
Best in Class Scan to Design Capability
- Seamlessly scan, capture and display point clouds in color
- Generate point clouds geometrically and visually accurate relative to the scanned object
- Convert the point cloud into a high-quality mesh (i.e., edges, points and polygons that define the geometry of an object)
- Edit and optimize the mesh for further design purposes or make it 3D-printing-ready
Advanced Workflow Optimization
RevEngTM tools and functionality are tightly integrated to assure a seamless handoff of project information, which dramatically streamlines end-to-end workflows.
- Easy to Use: Intuitive icons on a single worksheet saves time and enables a new level of efficiency
- Improved Productivity: Automatic fixing and repair tools reduce the time needed to create the perfect mesh model
- Enhanced Creativity: Easily extract 2D sketches and 3D contour lines from mesh model
- High Quality Output: Allows a trial-and-error-approach to get to the best result for individual projects so users are free to focus on the desired result
One Stop Solution
For design professionals who need to capture high quality color point cloud scans to generate high quality mesh models, RevEngTM displays a clear, true to life color representation of the source items. As a result, users have absolute confidence that exceptionally high-quality information can be edited in RevEngTM or exported to 3rd party software for editing and final model generation.
For users who need to refine mesh models and extract sketch geometry for 3D design activities or 3D printing, RevEngTM delivers a full set of tools to edit and optimize the mesh model. This enables production of the most accurate and efficient digital representation of the scanned object possible. Final output can be a watertight mesh model, mesh shell optimized for 3D printing, or a collection of 2D and 3D curves to feed into the CAD modeling stage of the design workflow. Additionally, RevEngTM includes advanced algorithms that significantly reduce processing time.
"As a solutions-driven enterprise, FARO is focused on our customers' optimizing their investment," stated Thorsten Brecht, Senior Director, 3D Design. "FARO RevEngTM is modeled with this as the core development sensibility. We appreciate that time to market and design flexibility are critical to the success of any design project."
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- 3D Manufacturing - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- 3D Design - Capture and edit part geometries or environments for design purposes in product development, computer graphics and dental and medical applications
- Photonics - Develop and market galvanometer-based laser measurement products and solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017 and in Part II, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
SOURCE FARO Technologies, Inc.