LAKE MARY, Fla., Feb. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO® (NASDAQ: FARO), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology and public safety forensics, announces the availability of the next generation of the FARO Zone 3D software platform (https://www.faro.com/products/public-safety-forensics/faro-zone-3d/), FARO Zone 3D 2018. The FARO Zone 3D platform is specifically designed to enable investigators and security professionals to enhance the quality of site and evidence capture, documentation, reconstruction, and analysis, for crime, crash, fire, and security applications.
FARO Zone 3D 2018 is the first VR-enabled software solution for law enforcement and forensics professionals that provides a comprehensive platform for documenting, analyzing, and reconstructing scenes that includes powerful forensic analysis, 3D diagramming and animation tools.
Additionally, with integrated virtual reality, FARO Zone 3D 2018 enables a completely immersive first-person environment. Users can now revisit and walk through the scene, analyze the events leading up to the scene and create full animated reconstructions of the scene just as if they were there when it happened.
Virtual Reality Analysis
- Build a repository of training scenarios by turning every scene into a real-world training environment
- Create stunning diagrams and animations with new smoke, fire, and explosion animations, shadows, moving wheels, and trailer articulation
- Create dynamic videos with Total View, a unique presentation tool for fly-throughs and walk-throughs of scenes that are ideal for courtroom presentations, classroom training, and security debriefings
Advanced Smart Tools
- Dramatically increase productivity with the enhanced Blood Spatter Analysis Smart Tool that detects edges of blood droplets and automatically creates trajectory lines through FARO Zone 3D's artificial intelligence engine
- Automatically generate courtroom ready reports detailing each trajectory with the enhanced Bullet Trajectory Smart Tool that makes bullet trajectory analysis easier than ever, now featuring elliptical trajectory cones and the ability to extend trajectory lines beyond the plane of impact
Extensive Training Support
- Optimize the beneficial use and return on investment of FARO Zone 3D through unlimited access to live instructor-led online training as well as self-paced training modules through the FARO Academy learning management system
Sharing and Collaboration
- Easily share 2D, 3D, and 3D point cloud scenes and videos in the courtroom, across the street, or around the world with the new free, stand-alone, FARO Zone Viewer application
"FARO Zone 3D represents another step forward in our focus to create complete solutions for investigators in the crime, crash, fire, and security markets," stated Jeff Ruiz, Vice President Public Safety Forensics. "Integrated virtual reality makes investigators' analysis more powerful, more persuasive and more real than ever."
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real-world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design - Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision - 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2016 and Form 10-Q for the quarters ended March 31, 2017 and June 30, 2017.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
SOURCE FARO Technologies, Inc.