WASHINGTON, Oct. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FAUN TRACKWAY USA is showing its innovative Adjustable Ground Mobility System (AGMS) at the Association of United States Army (AUSA) exposition in Washington D.C., from 21-23 October.
The AGMS will be mounted on a Volvo FEL L180G at the Mack truck stand 4025 for the duration of the show, where delegates will be able to learn more about this adaptable equipment.
Launched in 2012, the AGMS allows all of FAUN's portable roadway products to be deployed from by a wide range of front-end loader vehicles, commonly owned by armed forces round the world.
By doing away with the need for a dedicated vehicle the AGMS significantly reduces the cost of equipping a force with portable roadway capability.
The AGMS can be adapted for use with both MLC 70 TRACKWAY – the multi-terrain system for tracked and wheeled vehicles up to and exceeding 70T – and MLC 30 TRACKWAY – which is typically used in beach-landings to offer mobility of wheeled vehicles up to and exceeding 30T.
This technology has been developed after extensive consultation with a number of U.S. expeditionary forces who are all looking to improve the efficiency of their operations.
Michael Holdcraft, vice president of business development, FAUN TRACKWAY USA, said: "At a time when defence budgets continue to face cuts, flexible solutions that enhance access to remote territories are the ideal.
"There will be a chance for visitors at AUSA to see this impressive system up close, as well as finding out more about FAUN TRACKWAY USA's suite of expedient ground surfacing solutions."
FAUN TRACKWAY will be exhibiting at 3338.
Notes to Editors:
FAUN TRACKWAY USA, Inc. is a division of the Kirchhoff Group, based in Washington DC, USA.
TRACKWAY is used by over 40 different armed forces worldwide and it is a prime contractor to the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD).
FAUN TRACKWAY USA, Inc. manufactures:
- Heavy Ground Mobility System (HGMS) can withstand repeated loads of tracked and wheeled vehicles up to 70 tonnes (MLC 70). 50m is laid by two men in less than 6 minutes.
- Medium Ground Mobility System (MGMS) can withstand repeated loads of wheeled vehicles up to 30 tonnes (MLC 30). 32m is laid by 2 men in less than 5 minutes.
- Rapid Runway Repair (RRR) consists of Bomb Damage Repair Mats and Patches that form the landing surface for aircraft. RRR enables flying operations to be quickly resumed after enemy attack. RRR is vital in the Airfield Damage Repair (ADR) process.
- Aircraft Landing Mat (ALM) is an expedient runway in kit form that enables temporary airfields to be constructed quickly and easily, also compatible with UAVs and drones.
- Helicopter Landing Mat (HLM) helipad is suitable for a wide variety of rotary aircraft, designed to reduce brownout.
- More information and brochures available at, www.fauntrackway.com
The FAUN group boasts Europe-wide manufacturing expertise, with offices in Germany, France, The Netherlands, Switzerland and Belgium.
SOURCE FAUN TRACKWAY USA