DALLAS, Jan. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is pleased to announce the appointment of Felipe Rael to FHLB Dallas' 2016 Affordable Housing Advisory Council. His three-year term began January 1, 2016.
Mr. Rael is the executive director of the Greater Albuquerque Housing Partnership, which, for 25 years, has been developing in-fill market-rate and affordable housing in Albuquerque neighborhoods. He also serves on the City of Albuquerque Affordable Housing Committee, the Great Southwest Council of the Boy Scouts of America, and is a former chapter president of the National Society of Hispanic MBAs.
"My entire career has been focused on housing finance and investment, from analyzing acquisitions at the Bascom Group, thriving within major investment banks as Western Regional Manager of Bank of America's Multifamily Finance Group, and serving the state of New Mexico as Director of Housing Development at the Mortgage Finance Authority," Mr. Rael said. "It has given me a broad skill set in affordable housing finance. I am honored to be able to bring my passion and knowledge to the Advisory Council at the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas."
Greg Hettrick, first vice president and director of Community Investment at FHLB Dallas, said Mr. Rael's appointment will bring valuable insights to the Council.
"Affordable housing is one of the critical issues of our District," Mr. Hettrick said. "FHLB Dallas is pleased to welcome Mr. Rael to the Advisory Council, where his expertise will assist us in addressing the community and economic development needs throughout New Mexico."
The Advisory Council is comprised of 13 representatives from state, community, and nonprofit organizations who advise FHLB Dallas' Board of Directors on affordable housing and economic development issues. The remaining members of the Advisory Council are:
- Chair Michelle Whetten, vice president and Gulf Coast market leader, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc., New Orleans, Louisiana
- Vice-Chair André Stephens, executive director, St. Francis Community Development Corporation, Forrest City, Arkansas
- Michael Gerber, president and CEO, Housing Authority of the City of Austin, Texas
- Cynthia Griffin, executive director, Habitat for Humanity - Mississippi Capital Area, Mississippi
- Cassie Hicks, University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies, Jackson, Mississippi
- Matt Hull, executive director, Texas Association of Community Development Corporations, Austin, Texas
- Arlene Leviege, housing program coordinator/manager, Tunica-Biloxi Housing Authority, Marksville, Louisiana
- Karen Phillips, deputy director, Crawford Sebastian CDC, Inc., Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Tim Pierce, executive director, South Plains Association of Governments, Lubbock, Texas
- Scott Spivey, executive director, Mississippi Home Corporation, Jackson, Mississippi
- Deborah Webster, principal, Concept Consulting Group, LLC, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Jacque Haas Woodring, board member, Commonwealth Multifamily Housing Corporation, Boerne, Texas
About the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas is one of 11 district banks in the FHLBank system created by Congress in 1932. FHLB Dallas, with total assets of $43.0 billion as of September 30, 2015, is a member-owned cooperative that supports housing and community development by providing competitively priced advances and other credit products to approximately 865 members and associated institutions in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, and Texas. Visit fhlb.com for more information.
Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
SOURCE Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
Also from this source
You just read:
Felipe Rael Appointed to Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas' Advisory Council
Jan 28, 2016, 11:42 EST