AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Oct. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- FEV North America, Inc., an FEV Group company, announced today that, for the first time in North America, it will be exhibiting together with its newest sister-company, D2T, at the Automotive Testing Expo 2015 (Test Expo) taking place at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Mich. on Tuesday, Oct. 20 – Thursday, Oct. 22, 2015. The combined companies will demonstrate technologies that can be synergistically combined to the benefit of its customers. FEV North America, Inc. CEO and D2T America board member Dr. Patrick Hupperich made the announcement.
"The products and services that D2T offers are an almost perfect complement and a welcome addition to FEV Test Systems' unique approach designing and integrating turn-key test fields," said Hupperich. "The acquisition of D2T represents a dramatic extension of the world-class capabilities that we have become known for with our North American customers. D2T's products and services fit seamlessly into the FEV Test Systems portfolio and will be leveraged, not only in North America, but help to support our continuing international expansion as well, since D2T also has a global presence."
The acquisition, which was completed in March 2015, represents an extension of FEV's worldwide testing and development resources to meet growing demands in its various geographic operating regions. The combined operations of D2T and FEV support business areas in which the companies will strategically expand.
At the Testing Expo, the companies will show a variety of technologies for the industry:
- Powertrain Test Bed Solution
- A D2T demonstration that illustrates its V cycle offering which includes tools and services utilized throughout the engine development / validation process.
- Model Based Calibration (MMBC) / ICE2
- MMBC ensures safe and successful collection of a data set while integrating powerful on line algorithms able to shorten calibration workflow and achieve a successful result. ICE2 provides a complete office platform that integrates all centralized data and provides best-case optimization of the engine in combination with the after treatment system.
- OSIRIS is a cost / performance ratio tool that relies on 20 years of market leadership and improvement.
- OSIRIS provides exceptional data storage capability for cylinder pressure data for both test cell emissions testing or field-testing.
- The open system architecture makes OSIRIS extremely user friendly.
- FEVFlex is a system supporting the complete information process in the development of new products, from planning and job creation through documentation of all activities, data management, and analysis reporting.
- FEVFlex offers two editions, the Test Field Management 4.0 edition and the Benchmarking edition. The Test Field Management edition provides a view of the entire test field, including data management, part tracking, etc., while the Benchmarking edition provides a view of benchmarking data.
- FEVALYS is a Windows-based tool for analysis and visualization of a variety of data generated during engine and vehicle development. It integrates data browsing, calculation and report generation, closing the gap between data acquisition and the presentation of test results, and can aggregate data from steady state or dynamic measurement, either manually or automatically. It saves customers time and money.
- Tectos Driveline
- FEV offers Tectos products exclusively in the U.S. for its customers. Tectos offers tShaft, a software analysis took that receives technical input from a customer's test rig, allowing the selection of appropriate driveline products.
- Tectos driveline components are designed by high-speed experts, and is unique in that it contains and internal bearing that offers a very rigid system with respect to bending, but also offers a compliant torsional coupling for damping and low speed operation.
- Krebs & Aulich Permanent Magnet Motor
- FEV is partnering with Krebs & Aulich by offering its integration expertise and capabilities of the drive panel and control systems with the motor, resulting in substantial cost reduction. The demonstration motor shows the latest in high speed and low inertia permanent magnet motor technology, availability of which, in the U.S., is limited.
About FEV Group
The FEV Group is an internationally recognized powertrain and vehicle engineering company that supplies the global transportation industry. FEV offers a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe to customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced internal combustion gasoline-, diesel-, and alternative-fueled powertrains. FEV also designs, develops and prototypes advanced vehicle / powertrain electronic control systems and hybrid-electric engine concepts that address future emission and fuel economy standards. The company has expanded its engineering capabilities to include full vehicle systems and now offers broad expertise in electronics, telematics and infotainment system engineering. The FEV Test Systems division is a global supplier of advanced test cell, instrumentation and test equipment. The FEV Group employs a staff of over 4,000 highly skilled specialists at advanced technical centers on three continents. FEV North America, Inc. employs over 450 personnel in its North American Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI.
SOURCE FEV North America, Inc.